What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please provide more details about how you connect to your nas from external.
I'm using ddns and some ports are forwarded on the router to the nas. Some url's are reverse proxied to internal devices/servers

A lot of these are claiming better Wifi performance/stability, which makes no sense since there was no change at all to the wireless components between the two versions.
Honestly it is better on this version maybe because of less cashes of other components the router may feel more stable?

Bought a used mint AX86U. Put this latest Merlin on there. Opps! Not the pro. Okay. Put the non pro 86U. Perfection!! Bye AC86U! You served me well. Sorry your USB 3.0 port broke.
Not even sure this router was used. It was too clean. The antennas still in bags. Wires still in original wrapping. All paperwork in original box. Manufactured in 2022.
What is the difference between this and the Pro model?

The original RT-AX86U is an excellent router. But, it won't get 3.0.0.6.xxx level firmware from what is known today.

GT-AX6000 or RT-AX88U Pro are the recommended models today with the latter being the better bet, for long-term support.

Currently not much, Pro in the name. RT-AX86U Pro still doesn't have 3.0.0.6 Pro firmware released.

Currently not much, Pro in the name. RT-AX86U Pro still doesn't have 3.0.0.6 Pro firmware released.
Do you consider the 3.0.0.6 firmware branch an improvement over it's predecessors? I'm curious because of my router has an official 3.0.0.6 release (I'm currently running Rmerlin 3004.388.5). Thx.

Do you consider the 3.0.0.6 firmware branch an improvement over it's predecessors?

Ask me again in 2 years. I'm not interested at the moment. Looking at other devices to play with.

I have GT-AX11000, upgarde went smoothly, no problems. I am scribe for logging, but for the love of my life I no longer see "log level" toggles. I could have sworn it was in previous version of firemware. Can someone confirm? Post a pic is possible?? I thought there used be, "debug", "error", "info" etc somewhere in some menu?

It is still present: Systemlog -> TAB "General Log"

Did you clean your browsercache?

loglevel.JPG

I have GT-AX11000, upgarde went smoothly, no problems. I am scribe for logging, but for the love of my life I no longer see "log level" toggles. I could have sworn it was in previous version of firemware. Can someone confirm? Post a pic is possible?? I thought there used be, "debug", "error", "info" etc somewhere in some menu?
Scribe replaces the standard syslog with syslog-NG, and has done since the day I started using the script.

Edit: There may be a way to change to change the log level in the config files, but having looked at the size of the loaded config I never searched it properly.
Essentially, not a Merlin issue.

Last edited:
As I did not understand that question correctly ignore my last post above please:oops:...

Did a hard reset yesterday evening.
Not sure I really needed it, but ever since the router is way more stabler on WiFi.
I feel like there were some leftovers from the old wifi drivers that made this issue.

Last edited:
is it ok to update AXE 16000 from latest oficial asus firmware to this ?
i havent use merlin in a while

Yes it is.

And then be prepared to do a full reset to factory defaults with a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP (do NOT use an old backup config file to configure the router after the full reset and after RMerlin firmware is installed, first).

Strange thing. After the reboot Guest Wifi 1 (2.4GHz) was disabled. I've enabled it and it's settled down fine again. I'll just keep an eye on it.
It did this once before on the beta but I just thought I may have disabled it myself.

Edit: Does it every reboot. If no-one else sees it in the next couple of days it's time for a factory reset 😒
Guest wifi 1 is playing up again, but this time it's disabling itself at random. Time for factory reset (bye-bye weekend) as I've not seen anyone else mentioning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.