What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.49 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Merlin Logo looking good also. Too bad Microsoft removed the ability to set a logo for the network in Windows 8.
Yes ,i just compiled from merlin source this afternoon and the icon is back! Thanks Merlin.

There is an error on tools page under jffs as you can see on the screen shot. If its been mentioned before please disregard this msg. Thank you
jffs.png

So I noticed that it was recommended to reset to factory defaults this time. I have both an AC68U as a router and an N66U as an access point. I reconfigured the A68U first and all went well. Then I reset to factory on the N66U and the fun began. The factory reset caused the N66U to come back up with the same IP address as the AC68U (192.168.1.1) and all sorts of chaos ensued. I did get it sorted eventually, but for the future, what are best practices to follow in order to avoid this type of issue? Thanks for any suggestions.
--
bc

Your 66U is connected to the 68U via the LAN port(LAN to LAN). Connect the Ethernet cable from the 68U LAN to the WAN port(LAN to WAN) of the 66U so that when you do a reset of the 66U to factory default, the web management's auto setup will guide you to a different subnet. At that point you are double NATed but that's ok, you can then change to "Access Mode". When the N66U is in AP mode the WAN port will become a LAN port so therefore you do not have to move the cable to a LAN port. Do the procedures when connected to the 66U wirelessly or cabled.

JFFS should read like that? it doesn't read correctly the available size
2014_12_23_16_46_39.png

Which now looks correct to me, so it's actually a bug that was fixed, not the other way around. A prefix is a "block" from which IPs get allocated to LAN clients, based on the prefix length.

Okay, thanks. Good job fixing that ;)

JFFS should read like that? it doesn't read correctly the available size

jffs size correctly reported here (32mb) on rt=ac66u. You probably need to reformat jffs.

Yeah I already try that.. I also install this firmware today i was on tomato shibby previously. its not a big deal i just wanted to reported. I also have a problem with "Samba" file shearing. I created a post on the forum

I seem to be having a problem applying changes to the main WAN config page. Example: Connect to DNS Server automatically is set to no, with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the DNS fields. If I make any changes to these numbers, and hit apply.. they are not applied. Same if I change the checkbox to Yes.Any other setting on the WAN page does the same thing. It appears the submit function is broken on the form. This istarted with 376.49_0 and is still in 376.49_2. Tried with multiple browsers on multiple devices.

USB weirdness

Is there some reason a 64GB flash drive wouldn't work with Samba? I have one that worked under .47, didn't work under .48, will mount under .49 if I format it NTFS and passes the disk scan but I can't create any directories or set any permissions on the Samba page.

A random 8GB flash drive works fine, although if I plug in both at once and go to the Samba page, when I go to the settings for the 8 GB drive, I get a cascade of error messages "Wrong folderName when get permission!" before everything ends up displayed properly.

Yeah I already try that.. I also install this firmware today i was on tomato shibby previously. its not a big deal i just wanted to reported. I also have a problem with "Samba" file shearing. I created a post on the forum

Now that I see that you have an RT-N66U (you didn't specify it before), this is also normal. The RT-N66U only has 32 MB of flash, about 28 MB of it is taken by the firmware. So the 3 MB it shows left is normal for the RT-N66U (as well as the RT-N16). Only newer models have 128 MB of flash.

I seem to be having a problem applying changes to the main WAN config page. Example: Connect to DNS Server automatically is set to no, with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the DNS fields. If I make any changes to these numbers, and hit apply.. they are not applied. Same if I change the checkbox to Yes.Any other setting on the WAN page does the same thing. It appears the submit function is broken on the form. This istarted with 376.49_0 and is still in 376.49_2. Tried with multiple browsers on multiple devices.

Just tried, and it works for me. Open your browser console and see if it shows any error message when you load the page or try to apply.

Is there some reason a 64GB flash drive wouldn't work with Samba? I have one that worked under .47, didn't work under .48, will mount under .49 if I format it NTFS and passes the disk scan but I can't create any directories or set any permissions on the Samba page.

A random 8GB flash drive works fine, although if I plug in both at once and go to the Samba page, when I go to the settings for the 8 GB drive, I get a cascade of error messages "Wrong folderName when get permission!" before everything ends up displayed properly.

I can't think of any particular reason, unless your disk permissions are causing an issue. I know that Asuswrt can also sometime get confused by disks that have multiple partitions.

Check the System Log to see if there's any particular error that shows up.

I just had to fix up a drive that was posting the same errors....

Make sure that the volume label and any subdirectories don't contain any special characters other than dash, underscore or period (particularly avoid any spaces or $ )

Anyone know why I'm seeing these two items in the log with 376.49_2 with my AC68P? Never seen either before?

DHCPv6 is throwing out these although most clients are getting v6 addresses, not all clients are showing with an address under the IPv6 system logging:

Dec 31 19:00:45 dnsmasq-dhcp[679]: DHCPADVERTISE(br0) 00:01:00:01:1b:f4:03:63:ee:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX no addresses available (substituted XX's)

I'm also getting these messages in my system log. Looked into it a bit and found this Microsoft Support bulletin:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2822311?wa=wsignin1.0

where there's a hotfix listed. I'm going to try the hotfix and see if that fixes it. I assume that where there's enough motivation for a hotfix, there will be a real patch/update to follow. We'll see, the support article mentions that as though it will happen.

Update: Hotfix is installed now. We'll see if these messages continue to appear in system log.

Update 1: Another one of these messages since applying hotfix, so I'd call it more of a "coldfix". Have to wait for the MS update, looks like.

Last edited:
after 2 factory resets and setting the ac68u to AP mode the ssid shows undefined now.

Operation Mode:Access Point(AP) mode Firmware:376.49_2 SSID:undefined...undefined...

mouse hover reveals the correct ssid along with every other listing of the ssid, it just seems to be a bug showing it at the top of the page with 376.49_2 in ap mode?

If I remove the spaces it shows ok

Untitled-1 by GoNz-, on Flickr

*edit, it isn't just AP mode it is long SSID's with spaces that causes it.

Last edited:
after 2 factory resets and setting the ac68u to AP mode the ssid shows undefined now.

Operation Mode:Access Point(AP) mode Firmware:376.49_2 SSID:undefined...undefined...

mouse hover reveals the correct ssid along with every other listing of the ssid, it just seems to be a bug showing it at the top of the page with 376.49_2 in ap mode?

If I remove the spaces it shows ok

Untitled-1 by GoNz-, on Flickr

I have the same issue from the first alphas of the 376.49, it's only cosmetic.

Network Place (Samba) Support option is enabled under VPN Server - PPTP and i can't see my devices while using VPN service :confused:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!