What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2 - Port Triggering Broken?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

muffintastic

Hi,

I think port triggering is broken in this version, before I updated in the previous version it was working without any issues.

This is now fixed. It was dropping packets, internal router firewall for the LAN, so disabled it seems to be broken in this version.

It's Broken . I have an ftp server on my Synology and stopped working.

I had to redirect one by one.

Only in this way to work .

ftp.png

Yes, I couldn't 'port trigger' my Xbox 360 as I've got my Xbox One port forwarded and now my 360 is in the DMZ option. Also, I think the router-firewall that protects the LAN option is faulty too, it keeps dropping a lot of packets also preventing me from hosting Xbox Live Party chats etc, so I've had to disable it for the time being. Hopefully these will get fixed asap.

Not sure about port triggering but was running multiple Xbox Ones using UPnP with 378.55 with no problems. Upgraded to 378.56_2 and even after a factory reset and trying many combinations of settings, I couldn't get both boxes Open NAT to save my life. Looking at the system log for UPnP port forwarding, it will show requests for port 3074 and 3075 (Black Ops 3's required port) for one box but not the other... which leaves me with one Open NAT and one moderate/strict. Rolled it back to 378.55 last night and everything seems to work as it should again. I can't say whether that's because 56_2 changes the miniupnp version or if there's just something screwy going on with forwarding/triggering in general. Either way, I'm sticking with 378.55 for now.

I don't trust UPnP to be honest - security problems.

The only way I got to get my Xbox1 out of 'strict' NAT was to port forward these required ports as stated by MS and set them instead of TCP/UDP to both and worked. To get my 360 working usually I'd set port triggering up but as discussed that is broken so I stuck in the DMZ and works no problem.

The firewall feature is broke I think too for the LAN side, as said it drops A LOT of packets restricting me access so that is disabled, I'm still running the latest CFW on my RTAC68u and works for the time, but hopefully this will get fixed asap.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!