What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

They're all alpha only, and the router is stable on .58.

Not trying to force you to do anything, just wanting to make my point understood.

The clients can have issues when the same ssid (maybe particularly for one that is in use for 15 years) when the router's underlying drivers and/or code changes.

I myself cannot see how this would give rise to the issues you're having with certain firmware, but it is one more variable that you can control. As mentioned, even if only tested with a new ssid's temporarily, to see if the latest firmware is stable for you as it is for so many others.

as I'm on an N66U

The RT-N66U has a dynamically sized JFFS partition due to not having enough flash memory for a dedicated one. That partition can get trashed when changing firmware, as the new firmware might have a different size. Try erasing the JFFS partition (from the System -> Administration page), then reboot.

tried to reset router. some issues (like broken client list) has gone.
but those "un-locking" messages - still there.
Looks like it's appears when a "new" (never seen before MAC) device connect to router.
So, probably grep of "un-locking" on sources can help locate a source of those messages?
Please HELP. Problem first appears on .59

Try erasing your JFFS partition, through System -> Administration, then reboot.

People with JFFS mounting issue can also do a full JFFS "reset" with the following commands (make sure to keep a backup of your JFFS partition first if it's still readable and contains anything of value - something you should have done already, right?):

Code:
nvram set jffs2_enable=1
nvram set jffs2_format=1
nvram unset jffs2_size
nvram commit
reboot

After the router has fully rebooted (give it about 5 mins), do a second reboot, to ensure that the whole JFFS reset procedure is completed.

EDIT: corrected the name of the first variable, I originally wrote the one used by Asus's stock FW

Last edited:
People with JFFS mounting issue can also do a full JFFS "reset" with the following commands (make sure to keep a backup of your JFFS partition first if it's still readable and contains anything of value - something you should have done already, right?):

Code:
nvram set jffs2_on=1
nvram set jffs2_format=1
nvram unset jffs2_size
nvram commit
reboot

After the router has fully rebooted (give it about 5 mins), do a second reboot, to ensure that the whole JFFS reset procedure is completed.

RMerlin, just to be clear, would using the gui to format on next boot and then rebooting the router twice in the next 10 minutes do the same?

RMerlin, just to be clear, would using the gui to format on next boot and then rebooting the router twice in the next 10 minutes do the same?

No, it won't always reset the size parameter if there's a problem with it.

Posted this in the .59 beta 2 thread, and the bug occurs in the final release too:

Same problem in beta2 as in beta1 for the AC87U. I use a EA-N66 to connect to the router. At the "clients" page my hostname is listed with the ip 10.0.0.1, and not 192.168.1.x which is the static ip I have set, that I have got in the .58 build. In the OpenVPN settings (rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel) my hostname isn't listed at all, but the EA-N66 instead, and the ip 10.0.0.1.

RT-AC3200 - The Media Server does not work . On my Smart Tv (Samsung & LG) , at the input list , the icon for Asus Media Server does not appear anymore.

RT-AC3200 - The Media Server does not work . On my Smart Tv (Samsung & LG) , at the input list , the icon for Asus Media Server does not appear anymore.

Make sure the media server is enabled. Also see previous posts in this thread explaining how to reset your database.

tried, and the whole "reset" of JFFS - too.
The same thing!
A loooooots of "Error 111 un-locking, proceeding anyway" in syslog
all other seems to be ok

Something else is wrong with your router then. I have no idea what that error message is or where it's coming from.

Maybe that's why 2 releases ago reformatting and rebooting millions of times from gui didn't help... :)

The size issue is uncommon, and mostly affects RT-N66U users.

Something else is wrong with your router then. I have no idea what that error message is or where it's coming from.
and there no place in sources where this err message "live"??? probably just grep them? For just to know from which side "blow the winds"

hmmm... changed "Log only messages more urgent than" from "all" to "info". seems to be ok now - no more "un-locking" seen

me too .. I've smartphones, SmartTVs and sound devices Samsung .. moreover in App. Samsung Multiroom doesn't appear Router Media Server.

tried, and the whole "reset" of JFFS - too.
The same thing!
A loooooots of "Error 111 un-locking, proceeding anyway" in syslog
all other seems to be ok
That error message was just added in Merlin's March 5 merge with 380_2345, logged with priority debug. My guess is that a process still has a write to a file in process such that it can't unlock it. One thing that could be tried is to add the id of the file descriptor to the error message to see what file is involved. (@RMerlin)

I have a RT-N66U that is on stock firmware: 3.0.0.4.380_3264. I am trying to flash with merlin for the first time but I keep getting the unsuccessful pop-up each time. I don't have any USB devices plugged in, I've rebooted the router several times, checksum is all good, and I've tried 1 version back as well. Still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!