What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta (stage 2) is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you had such a rough ride. At my house all network gear (router, cable/Phone modem, ethernet switches, etc.) are on a dedicated battery-backup UPS that can sustain them for hours if the power goes down. It has saved my bacon many times. Not to mention NOT losing internet access if the house power goes out.

Yeah, saves equipment and nice to have internet when the power is out.

anyone seeing guest clients on the network map, guest networks section?
thx

Yeah, saves equipment and nice to have internet when the power is out.

I've got a couple UPS units on the way to keep my running. I do have a standby home generator but that takes roughly 10-15 seconds to kick in. Separately, but related I have seen folks mention to set up new SSID when doing factory reset. Why is that? Can I do new SSID and reboot and then change to old? I have many cameras/peripherals that I would prefer not to have to manually update SSID on. Especially things like NEST cameras where I think I need to scan back of cameras...

Any thoughts/guidance?

I'll give that a try. Do you think that could be what caused my 2.4 ghz radio to fail intermittently?

Since the problem resolved after disabling Guest Network, don't use Guest Network 1 (both 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz). Use either GN2 or GN3 for now until Asus code has resolved all issues.

I'll give that a try. Do you think that could be what caused my 2.4 ghz radio to fail intermittently?
Same issue here, even after a nuclear reset.
I have RT-AC86U with last merlin beta fw.I'm not using Guest network and I don't find nothing strange in the log.
The 2.4Ghz after some days without any problem fails and I need to reboot.

Any suggestion?
I don't have this issue with the previous beta.

Same issue here, even after a nuclear reset.
I have RT-AC86U with last merlin beta fw.I'm not using Guest network and I don't find nothing strange in the log.
The 2.4Ghz after some days without any problem fails and I need to reboot.

Any suggestion?
I don't have this issue with the previous beta.

i have 2 ac86U and no issues whatsoever with 2.4ghz. Problems are obviously local.

386.1 Beta 5, coming soon to a router near you. :D

Do yourself and your router a favor and do a full reset instead.

Once defaults are changed, I find putting the settings back is not the same as not changing them at all.

Thank you.
Someone could be so kind to send me a screenshot of the default setting in professional tab for 2.4Ghz?

choose a 20 mHz fixed control channel that isnt being used or overlapped by your neighbours. ( 1,6,11 are best) Short preamble, disable tx bursting, disable airtime fairness, disable universal beamforming, disable bluetooth coex and roaming and AMPDU aggreg. Enable explicit beamforming. I have NEVER had issues enabling MUMIMO so you can leave it enabled or disabled - your choice. But the very fact that you are losing 2.4ghz is indicative of your router needing a full factory reset and manual configuration from scratch as L&LD suggests above. Just plugging in the values I have suggested above may still result in you losing 2.4Ghz. This should not be happening on Beta4 and the very case that it is for you and others OBVIOUSLY points to corruption somewhere in your NVRAM causing an unstable Router. Any miriad of issues can be fixed by factory reset and configuration from scratch. 99% of issues reported like yours are nothing to do with the firmware.

Last edited:
386.1 Beta 5, coming soon to a router near you. :D
We don't usually get as far as a Beta 5, but then again this is a major update and still not stable on stock either. Looking forward to it landing when it's ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!