What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta (stage 2) is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's currently the plan, will depend on whether he has spare time to do it, or if I do it myself. In the mean time disabling DNSSEC should be good enough (and ensuring you use an upstream DNS server that you trust).
Does the same issue exist with DNSSEC in Stubby?

The DNSSEC buffer overruns issues, yes.

Completely different code (unless they copied the dnsmasq code, in which case I'm sure they will act as needed).
I searched for vulnerabilities with Stubby/Getdns and found none.

For users of DoT if you want to switch to using DNSSEC in Stubby, here is how I do it:
1. In WAN/Internet Connection set Enable DNSSEC support to No then Apply
2. Create a file "nano /jffs/scripts/stubby.postconf" with the following contents
Code:
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh
pc_insert "tls_authentication: GETDNS_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED" "dnssec_return_status: GETDNS_EXTENSION_TRUE" $CONFIG
3. Set file permissions to 755 "chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/stubby.postconf"
4. Restart Stubby with "service restart_stubby"
5. Check to see if DNSSEC is enabled by running "stubby -l" Three lines down you should see: DNSSEC Valication is ON

choose a 20 mHz fixed control channel that isnt being used or overlapped by your neighbours. ( 1,6,11 are best)

If you have access to a tool that can see channel utilization (inSSIDer, WiFi radar, etc.), that can help a lot. I was surprised to learn that one of the more powerful neighboring WiFi units barely uses the channel compared to a weaker one on a different channel. I would have chosen the channel with the lower dB signal had I not know they were utilizing 80+% of the channel all the time.

Thought I had this persistent issue with the AX88u on B4b shutting down in the middle of the night and rebooting.

Troubleshooting the issue for a week. Thought the router might be overheating, because when I have a small tower fan running and blowing air on it, there is no issue. Looked through the logs, nothing. Always about 3am, down it would go, and by 3:30am it was back on. Yesterday, while on the PC, I take the headphones off and turn off the fan for a little quiet time. At that exact moment one of the wife's cats jumps on the desk, goes behind the second monitor, lies down, flipping the power switch off on the power strip that's behind it. Router, Modem and NAS all down. A few seconds later as it moves around to get comfortable, it flips the switch back on :mad:

Solution: New power strip with a protected switch (harder to accidently flip). Also moved it behind the NAS to better protect it. The power strip now protects the UPS and everything plugs in to the UPS. The fan runs overnight (to keep the cat away, not cooling) and the door to the air conditioned office is closed and the door knob changed so it can't open the door on its own.

3 days solid, so far so good :rolleyes:

Thought I had this persistent issue with the AX88u on B4b shutting down in the middle of the night and rebooting.

Troubleshooting the issue for a week. Thought the router might be overheating, because when I have a small tower fan running and blowing air on it, there is no issue. Looked through the logs, nothing. Always about 3am, down it would go, and by 3:30am it was back on. Yesterday, while on the PC, I take the headphones off and turn off the fan for a little quiet time. At that exact moment one of the wife's cats jumps on the desk, goes behind the second monitor, lies down, flipping the power switch off on the power strip that's behind it. Router, Modem and NAS all down. A few seconds later as it moves around to get comfortable, it flips the switch back on :mad:

Solution: New power strip with a protected switch (harder to accidently flip). Also moved it behind the NAS to better protect it. The power strip now protects the UPS and everything plugs in to the UPS. The fan runs overnight (to keep the cat away, not cooling) and the door to the air conditioned office is closed and the door knob changed so it can't open the door on its own.

3 days solid, so far so good :rolleyes:

That is the story for the day!!! This is how my cat drove me nuts for the week :)

Reminds me of a story about the mainframe that would crash everyday at 0830. Three months on, someone made the connection that when "John" put his coffee on top of the box everyday when he come into the office, the mainframe crashed (top of metal box was depressed just enough to short a board).

Never underestimate the power of random acts (kindness, or otherwise). :)

Hi,

I'm still on beta 3 but few days ago I started to see this error on my RT-AX88U (Main router), the 2 wired Nodes (AC86U and AC68U) do not present this error.
Tried to look for it on the web but without success to help diagnose. Could not link this message to any unexpected behaviour. Just to inform and double check if I should dig into.

kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR pktrunner] __l2ucastSetFwdAndFilters,1490: LAN-to-LAN flow is not supported: Rx 2, Tx 2^[[0m

thank you all.

If I recall, TransAmiga (the BBS software me and a friend used to run back in the day) went through beta, then gamma releases (1.10g1, 1.10g2, etc...).
Wow is that a trip. I used to be a tester on BBS boards and I remember gamma releases. I haven't thought about that in years. I wish I could remember the name of the boards.

Absolutely. On a Vic20. River Rescue cassette cartridge on the Commodore 64 was such huge upgrade.
How far back to we want to go here? Punch cards? Sure, but we are getting way off topic from this firmware discussion.

After updating my RT-AX88U to Beta4b, my AiCloud App no longer responds to my router unless I am on wifi. Can any one else confirm this issue?

After updating my RT-AX88U to Beta4b, my AiCloud App no longer responds to my router unless I am on wifi. Can any one else confirm this issue?
Where did you get beta 4b from ? I see from reading post #2, that firmware was pulled from beta

@MF-Bra seems this may cause or signal a reboot of the router when in AiMesh mode (wired or wireless) with what I was able to pick up from RMerlin's GitHub page.

See if removing one node or the other help. Probably needs both removed.

asus rt-ax88u random reboots · Issue #539 · RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng · GitHub

(BTW, I am not searching for your entire error string, just this " kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR pktrunner]").

Thanks, found this also but as I'm not experiencing reboots like in that post I thought (or "hoped") to not be related... During the weekend I'll try removing and reconfiguring them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!