What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.3 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nm i figured it out, tried microsoft edge worked fine. problem was chrome kept going back to login.
That page was possibly saved in the browser's cache. If it happens again try re-loading the page.

seems to break routing thru vpn on guest network for me.
Shouldn’t matter. But what guest network # are you using. I have guest #2 here
Go back into your VPN Client and make sure it’s still set for policy rules( vpn director) for the guest.

Newbie question and slightly on-topic:

What does it mean when users asks rmerlin if the GPLs are merged? It’s «general public license», yes? so what does merging GPLs do in practice for the firmware and users of it? is it important to merge GPLs before features are activated, is that it? :) sorry for my ignorance, I tried googling it but found no good answers.
My firmware is based off Asus's own firmware. When they release new firmware, they also release the source code to it after a while, as required by GPL licensing. These zipfiles containing that code is what we generally refer to as "GPLs". That code must be merged into my own code after that, which is generally referred to as "Merging the GPL".

I know the support site from PIA.
PIA was always working fine on the router all the time.
since the beta flash I had problems.
May be is because I did dirty flashes of the beta versions
I will reset completely the router and configure PIA again.
The most likely reason is you don't have "Redirect Internet Traffic" properly configured. While having the wrong configuration might have been working in the past, now that this setting is actually working as intended, having the wrong setting will no longer work. So if you had left it to "No", then 386.3 will no longer redirect Internet traffic, as it's meant to.

This has been mentioned a couple of times within this thread by other people who experienced the same problem as you (i.e. redirection no longer working, simply because they had Redirection still set to "No").

YazFi is working fine for me, I've got two guest networks configured and can confirm both are working as intended.

Some aspect of YazFi is affected by the 386.3. I have some issues as well, and Jack has already fixed the primary one for me. I imagine he'll be releasing an update at some point.

That code must be merged into my own code after that, which is generally referred to as "Merging the GPL".
Ahh that makes your tweet «The smell of freshly merged GPL code... Kinda like that new car smell» make a whole lot more sense, and I understand the joy you must have felt. Funny too!

Thanks for the explaination.

beta 1 and beta 2 are running fine on my 86U. no problems with VPN after dirty upgrade. :)

The most likely reason is you don't have "Redirect Internet Traffic" properly configured. While having the wrong configuration might have been working in the past, now that this setting is actually working as intended, having the wrong setting will no longer work. So if you had left it to "No", then 386.3 will no longer redirect Internet traffic, as it's meant to.

This has been mentioned a couple of times within this thread by other people who experienced the same problem as you (i.e. redirection no longer working, simply because they had Redirection still set to "No").
Many thanks Merlin!
I will do this setup and let you know the results!

Here to report a flawless and effortless dirty u/g to 386.3_beta2 a few moments ago. Looking at vpn director gives me some hope I may start to be able to figure out a bit about vpn's, honestly I am still thrilled. Thank you to Merlin and all.

I upgraded from 386.2.6 to 386.3beta2 (dirty), however, I can not seem to get the VPN to work. When I select the VPN Client service state to on, (it shows connected) and I go to a IP address check page, it still shows my local IP USA address (not the foreign country's-ex UK). I have tried changing the redirect Internet traffic through tunnel from "No" to "Yes (all)" to "VPN Director". I still get the local IP address. I would expect the IP address that shows under the VPN Status...Statistics...Public IP (the foreign IP of the VPN).

If I connect to the VPN with the vpn's app on my computer, I get the foreign IP not the local IP.

I am sure it is a setting I have set incorrectly, but this used to work when I was using 386.2.6. I reset the VPN Client from scratch (importing the VPN's file, entering my name and password). Again, Merlin shows connected, but it doesn't seem to route through the VPN.

Everything else seems to be working fine on the router (AC86U)

I upgraded from 386.2.6 to 386.3beta2 (dirty), however, I can not seem to get the VPN to work. When I select the VPN Client service state to on, (it shows connected) and I go to a IP address check page, it still shows my local IP USA address (not the foreign country's-ex UK). I have tried changing the redirect Internet traffic through tunnel from "No" to "Yes (all)" to "VPN Director". I still get the local IP address. I would expect the IP address that shows under the VPN Status...Statistics...Public IP (the foreign IP of the VPN).

If I connect to the VPN with the vpn's app on my computer, I get the foreign IP not the local IP.

I am sure it is a setting I have set incorrectly, but this used to work when I was using 386.2.6. I reset the VPN Client from scratch (importing the VPN's file, entering my name and password). Again, Merlin shows connected, but it doesn't seem to route through the VPN.

Everything else seems to be working fine on the router (AC86U)
Setting Redirection to "Yes (All)" is all you should need, unless your tunnel isn't properly connected, or the remote end does not push redirection routes. What service provider is this?

Site to Site Tunnel VPN Connection.

I connect to my office server through a single VPN connection. I have a VOIP phone, and I mapped a drive on my desktop computer to allow me to download project files stored on the office server. Both tunnel connections were broken when updating to Beta 2. I set up a new policy and got my phone service back, but I have no idea how to set a policy for a map drive linked to my computer. Maybe my phone policy is breaking the mapped drive connection.

My phone policy is: Local IP: 192.168.1.25; Iface: OVPN1. I have the OVPN1 Connected to the VPN Director.

I tried several things: using my computer local IP address through OVPN1. That brough back the mapped drive but it tunnel all of my internet access for this desktop through my company server and prevented me to log back in to my router.

I tried using the mapped drive’s IP address in a policy rule but that did not work.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!