What's new

AX-89X All Ethernet Ports except 10G-Base T are not wokring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ams3401

New Around Here
This morning I woke up to this disaster.

At first, I thought my APs are acting weird so I power-cycled the POE switch but no luck.

Then I noticed all wired devices except my desktop, which is connected to the 10G-Base T port, are offline.

I tried power-cycling the router as well as factory reset, but no luck.

Connecting my Desktop to Ports 1 - 8, shows "Unidentified network" and no IP.

Strange thing is, the router config page shows that the wired connections are live and the ethernet port LEDs on wired devices are flashing.

I can't remember whether or not the router's ethernet port LEDs used to flash, but they aren't at the moment except 10G Base T port.

123.JPG

Is this a hardware failure?

Edit: uploaded the syslog

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    149.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Post the complete router syslog for us to look at.

What is this "internet switch" that you referred to? How is it connected to the rest of your equipment?

If you set a static IP address (and public DNS server address) on your PC can it then get to the internet?

The only other thing I can think of is to unplug all LAN Ethernet connections to the router and then only have your PC connected directly to it. Power off the router, wait 60 seconds and turn it back on. Any change? It might be worth trying this procedure twice. Once with the PC connected to the 10G port and a second time connected to a 1G port.

What's strange is that you obviously have connectivity to the router otherwise you wouldn't have been able to see the GUI and retrieve the syslog. And the router has connectivity to the internet because the syslog shows this.

EDIT: Is there any difference if you connect to the router's WiFi (as opposed to your AP's)?

Last edited:
The only other thing I can think of is to unplug all LAN Ethernet connections to the router and then only have your PC connected directly to it. Power off the router, wait 60 seconds and turn it back on. Any change? It might be worth trying this procedure twice. Once with the PC connected to the 10G port and a second time connected to a 1G port.

What's strange is that you obviously have connectivity to the router otherwise you wouldn't have been able to see the GUI and retrieve the syslog. And the router has connectivity to the internet because the syslog shows this.

EDIT: Is there any difference if you connect to the router's WiFi (as opposed to your AP's)?
Yeah something is off here. GUI shows Ethernet ports are working fine but they aren't except 10G port.
As far as the Wifi goes, it works completely fine too.
I had to be at work so I unplugged the desktop from 10G port and plugged the POE switch to it temporarily for my home IOT stuff....

Have you tried rolling back the firmware to the previous version? Some RT-AX89X users complained about their hardware freezing up after the latest firmware update.

This issue appeared out of the blue on older firmware for me which is why I updated to the newest one to see if that would resolve the issue.
The router’s with Fedex now on its way to Asus repair center..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!