What's new

Ax86U - slow reconnection to iphone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andy Sedg

New Around Here
Just purchased this router to replace BT smart hub 2 & noticed an issue related to my iPhone 11 connecting to the internet after going out & disconnecting. On return home the iphone connects to the router but has no internet connection for a few minutes. Any idea what might be the problem & how to solve it. Thanks

Just purchased this router to replace BT smart hub 2 & noticed an issue related to my iPhone 11 connecting to the internet after going out & disconnecting. On return home the iphone connects to the router but has no internet connection for a few minutes. Any idea what might be the problem & how to solve it. Thanks
No issues with iPhone/iPods here. Must admit that they are older units.
Newer iPhones randomize their MAC. You might turn that feature off.
Router WIFI settings: 2.4 GHz at 20 MHz on a fixed channel (1, 6 or 11), 5 GHz at 160 MHz on channel 36 (recommend not to use DFS channels), WPA2/WPA3, disable Airtime Fairness and Universal Beamforming for both bands. Use Dual Band Smart Connect.

Here are my Wi-fi settings

8DC6C90E-2C64-4B25-B4C0-3A82A497DC5F.jpeg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!