What's new

Bandwidth monitoring options

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

[deXter]

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

I just purchased an AC66U and loaded the latest Asuswrt-Merin beta onto it, but was a bit disappointed at the lack of better bandwidth controls.

The main features I'm looking for are:

- Per-user bandwidth usage (in a custom date range or a definable monthly cycle)
- Soft bandwidth limits with alerts

Now the Gargoyle firmware seems to be a good choice for this but it looks like it's not compatible with any of the newer ASUS routers. I was planning to load optware/entware onto it and I had a quick look at both their repos, but I couldn't find any bandwidth monitoring/logging tool.

So I was wondering, does anyone know of a decent solution for this? I don't mind whipping up a custom script if I have to, but I don't know where to start. Any help is much appreciated.

Update: I've found bandwidthd being mentioned on a few sites, but it doesn't look like its available anymore - tried both on optware and entware, and I get no search results.

Code:
# opkg install bandwidthd
Unknown package 'bandwidthd'.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package bandwidthd.

So, any ideas folks?

Edit:

Found the per-IP settings under Tools -> Other Settings! I should have read the README file first. >_<

I still want to keep this thread open though, in case someone figures out how to get bandwidthd or a similar tool working.

Last edited: