What's new

[Beta 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Known issue Asus needs to fix.

One of my wireless clients shows as wired.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...80-and-382-branches.42269/page-15#post-366292
I opened a ticket with Asus on this problem but have not heard back yet, probably due to the holiday season. I'm not sure how responsive they are, first problem ticket I've made with them.

Another weirdness with this problem, the network map shows wireless as wired but also the wireless log shows more of the wireless clients but not all of them. I don't know if the wireless logging is connected to the networkmap system or not, in any case, it's not displaying correctly either.

It’s a OpenVPN server problem on the RT-AC68U router! There is no internet connection possible. (Option is on) The firewall seems to block everything.

The Alpha firmware didn’t have this problem.

Where is the difference?
Same problem as @Dave_90: OpenVPN server except on the 86U. All WAN traffic from connected clients is blocked. It’s a brand new 86U with a fresh install/config of 382.2b1. All VPN settings were copied over manually (with no changes) from a 68U running 380.69. A new OVPN config file was generated and loaded onto the clients.

Hello everyone,
For RMerlin: I’m using this beta with my dsl-ac68u, I also used the previous versions of your firmware without problems.
I encounter the same problem of Dave_90, with OpenVPN server the remote client cannot use internet (only intranet is available).
I upgraded from the version 380.69 without a reset.
Thanks for your work.

Using ac68u 828.2beta1
Same for my openvpn server. Client can’t access internet but can connect to intranet.
At the same time I tested that if my client is within the same lan and did a VPN connect. It can access internet. Mean to say if connection is from outside lan, no internet access, only intranet.

Something to do with the iptables or the order. But I am noob in these. Kindly assist.

Have you any script of any kind installed?
/jffs/scripts/

Those of you having problem with no access to internet with VPN.
Try to do a reset and reconfigure. Merlin have reorganize chain(s) for VPN.
Or at least try to restart firewall with: "service restart_firewall" without quotas.
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.382/commit/d666f5555585cdaf1d5ff0e73e49ac83af109104

Thanks for the tips! unfortunately that doesn’t help. Your mentioned change was also in the alpha version and there it works fine.

It must be an adjustment between the alpha firmware and the beta firmware.

/jffs/scripts/

Yes, I have a script for a custom guest DHCP and bandwith limiting for the guest network.

Yes, I have a script for a custom guest DHCP and bandwith limiting for the guest network.
Have you tried to remove them and test?

Strange issue here. I can configure and use ovpn client 1 and use it. When I try to use client 2 with saved settings from before the Beta install, it does not fully connect. I get a public description next to on off switch. When I check the ovpn server I'm connecting to it shows me connected fully. The connection does not work. When I try to shut off client 2 it hangs my system for about 10 minutes. Then I'm ok again. I have a ac3100. Am382.2 Beta.

I have totally restored to factory.

This all worked flawless on the latest alpha.

Have you tried to remove them and test?

No, but maybe other people here can answer first if they use a custom script? otherwise I test it for nothing ;)

/jffs/scripts/
Yes, I have an openvpn-event script, and 2 scripts pertaining to VPN client 1. No scripts for the VPN server. My openvpn-event script is used only to call other scripts and comes from @john9527. I can’t find the thread it came from at the moment...it was a while ago, but here it is:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

scr_name="$(basename $0)[$$]"

case "$1" in
"tun11")
vpn_name="client1"
;;
"tun12")
vpn_name="client2"
;;
"tun13")
vpn_name="client3"
;;
"tun14")
vpn_name="client4"
;;
"tun15")
vpn_name="client5"
;;
"tun21")
vpn_name="server1"
;;
"tun22")
vpn_name="server2"
;;
*)
vpn_name=""
;;
esac

# Call appropriate script based on script_type
vpn_script_name="vpn$vpn_name-$script_type"

# Check script state/use nvram to save last script run
vpn_script_state=$(nvram get vpn_script_state)
nvram set vpn_script_state="$vpn_script_name"
if [ "$vpn_script_name" = "$vpn_script_state" ]; then
echo "VPN script" $vpn_script_name "already run" | logger -t "$scr_name"
exit 0
fi

if [[ -f "/jffs/scripts/$vpn_script_name" ]]; then
sh /jffs/scripts/$vpn_script_name $*
else
echo "Script not defined for event: "$vpn_script_name | logger -t $scr_name
exit 0
fi

exit 0

Ok that is the old script, there is one newer.
I'm more interested of scripts you call from openvpn-event

Hello,

I removed all files in /jffs/scripts and disable the option Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs. The problem isn’t solved.

I changed the firewall NAT Loopback from Merlin to ASUS. The problem isn’t solved.

Cool! I'll try updating my 68U this weekend. Currently on 380.69. Looks like my router is getting a new firmware for the new year :)

Edit: One question: Is it recommended to reset the factory settings, since it's a different version number?

Yes, reset. Plus: configure again from the beginning, don’t restore your configuration from a saved file.

My only other scripts are vpnclient1-route-up and vpnclient1-down (below), though it sounds like scripts aren’t the issue as others have the same problem with no custom scripts running.

EDIT: Can you point me to the newer version of the openvpn-event script?

Code:
#!/bin/sh

iptables -I FORWARD -i tun11 -p udp -d 192.168.1.34 --dport 28940 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun11 -p tcp -d 192.168.1.34 --dport 28940 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p tcp --dport 28940 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.34
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p udp --dport 28940 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.34

logger "vpnclient1-route-up has completed"

exit 0

Code:
#!/bin/sh

iptables -D FORWARD -i tun11 -p udp -d 192.168.1.34 --dport 28940 -j ACCEPT
iptables -D FORWARD -i tun11 -p tcp -d 192.168.1.34 --dport 28940 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -D PREROUTING -i tun11 -p tcp --dport 28940 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.34
iptables -t nat -D PREROUTING -i tun11 -p udp --dport 28940 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.34

logger "vpnclient1-down has completed"

exit 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!