What's new

[Beta 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently pushing 382.2 Beta 2 to the mirror sites, uploads should be there in a couple of minutes.

Code:
a6ed57e httpd: hardcode WAN interface as eth0 for Adaptive QoS upstream data gathering
11bb51f webui: reworked OpenVPN server client list display
d7969d7 firewall: don't drop ovpn traffic sent to wan along the rest of foreign outbound traffic
e46fde9 Bump version to beta 2

Thank you for quickly releasing beta 2! Problem with the OpenVPN Server is solved in beta 2! [emoji4]

Updated from beta1 to beta2 and the QOS upload pie disappeared on QOS statistics tab. With beta1 this feature worked normally

I'm with RT-AC86U on PPPoE connection. Maybe this is the reason
Damn this is bad. Your results seem to imply that how the QoS engine behaves is different from model to model. Users of RT-AC56U need this hardcoded to eth0, your device seems to use ppp0 when using PPPoE.

Looks like this weird Real-Time Traffic Analyzer bug has crept back in. It thinks I've transferred 24 GB in just a few seconds when it really hasn't. This is 382.2 beta 2 on RT-AC68U with NAT Acceleration disabled.

FNxAKco.png

Well, looks like it is Firefox 57.0.3 specific. Internet Explorer and Chrome don't cause it to happen. Will try some other versions of Firefox I have.

I have the same problem.

Here is my previous post: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-1-is-now-available.42127/page-30#post-367226

Affected merlin-firmware versions what I tested are 382.2_alpha2 and 382.2_beta2.
Firefox 57.0.3 and Google Chrome v63 - the same problem with both web browsers.
I think that is problem of broadcom (asus) driver for AC68U, maybe.

I tested dd-wrt firmware and the problem was the same. I use the AC68U firmware on my AC66U_B1 router. I thought the problem would be in differences between the AC66U_B1 and AC68U router hardware (I am using the AC68U firmware in my AC66U_B1 router). But you own the AC68U router and you have the same problem as me.

This excessively high bandwidth is displayed periodically during TV watching (IPTV). When I don't watch IPTV, the problem of the enormous bandwidth will only happen occasionally - I don't know why. Sometimes it happens to me when playing online games, sometimes not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have installed this on my new AC86U.

Sorting out the network map and dhcp reservations is a bit of a nightmare. When allocating a name under network map I get kicked out of the interface and internet access stops momentarily,

Sorting out the network map and dhcp reservations is a bit of a nightmare. When allocating a name under network map I get kicked out of the interface and internet access stops momentarily,
I had the same issue. I found that if I go to the LAN/DHCP Server tab and assign names/icons there, it doesn’t kick me out. Of course this is an option only if you are using manually assigned IPs.

Although QOS seems to sometimes not load at reboot.....my OVPN connection is awesome the best it has ever been. AC3100 am382.2 Beta2

After firmware upgrade Samba share turns on automatically. The Enable share is toggled OFF but the share is active as shown in my windows computer. I turn is ON then OFF and it effectively turns OFF. Not a big issue.

AC86U here with beta2 (issue was here too in beta1 and possibly earlier too)

Updated to 382.2 beta 2 from 380.69 yesterday on RT-AC68U (converted from TM-AC1900). A few minor issues:

• System Status was blank in Firefox Quantum (v. 57). I logged out and cleared the browser cache. Logged back in and the System Status showed up. No such issue on Chrome 63.
  • QoS stats page didn't detect the traffic. Restarting the QoS resolved the issue.
  • The new firmware version check icon kept blinking. Tried to turn off the check new firmware setting and reboot the router but didn't work.
  • My smartphone (Nexus 5X) shows up as a wired client. My other wireless devices (laptop, iPad, Roku, Google Home Mini) show up correctly.
Finally, I did the factory reset and reconfigured everything manually. My configuration is fairly simple and I don't have a VPN setup (yet), so it wasn't much of a hassle. The new firmware version check is gone. My Nexus 5X still shows up as a wired client. But from what I've learned from other threads, it seems the problem is with Asus.

Aside from those minor UI glitches (with relatively simple resolutions), my router is happy with this firmware. Thanks Merlin! You are truly a wizard ;)

Last edited:
After using the CLEAR button on the web history page under QOS on the RT-AC86U, I noticed no more logging was being done, until I then turned WEB HISTORY slide off and on again.

looks like it disables it whilst clearing then doesn't turn it back on again? Beta 2.

I'm with RT-AC86U on PPPoE connection. Maybe this is the reason

Sigh... I bet Asus only fixed the Ethernet interface in the engine version used by other models, not in the older version used by the RT-AC86U.

See, that's why supporting multiple architectures is such a pain. All models aren't in sync code-wise.

System Status was blank in Firefox Quantum (v. 57). I logged out and cleared the browser cache. Logged back in and the System Status showed up. No such issue on Chrome 63.

That's normal when moving between 380 and 382 code bases. Chrome probably didn't have any stale cache content as you didn't use it within the past 30 minutes under 380.

QoS stats page didn't detect the traffic. Restarting the QoS resolved the issue.

Known bug with the QoS engine, nothing I can do about it as it has to be fixed in the closed source components, and Asus only fixed it in newer releases.

The new firmware version check icon kept blinking. Tried to turn off the check new firmware setting and reboot the router but didn't work.

That's because the update manifest didn't contain an entry for the RT-AC68U yet.

My smartphone (Nexus 5X) shows up as a wired client. My other wireless devices (laptop, iPad, Roku, Google Home Mini) show up correctly.

Known issue, again in Asus's code, and fixed only in their newer code.

Damn this is bad. Your results seem to imply that how the QoS engine behaves is different from model to model. Users of RT-AC56U need this hardcoded to eth0, your device seems to use ppp0 when using PPPoE.

The RT-AC86U is based on older GPL components, which must date from before the change. Asus did confirm to me that on the Broadcom platform, Adaptive QoS has to be hardcoded to use eth0, so I expect newer RT-AC86U releases to also contain that fix. In the mean time, I will have to write an exception for the HND platform (and remember to remove it when I merge a newer HND GPL in the future).

That's because of how Asus implemented networkmap - they issue a complete network restart whenever you make changes to it. It's how they designed it, because some of the options managed through networkmap (such as blocking Internet access) requires such a restart.

Use the DHCP page instead for managing DHCP leases.

resetting to factory defaults results in the daylight savings time ends being set to month 1 (should be month 11) on my AC68U.

I can't reproduce it here. Do you have any special configuration to either dnsmasq or on your DHCP/DNS parameters?

Also open your browser console and look for any Javascript errors.

Thanks for checking! I'm not using dnsmasq and don't have any special configurations (please see my screenshots below).

Gh1AmvV.png

GcBh81L.png

Even though it usually takes more than a minute to load Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp page but there is only a warning in Chrome console

Code:
jquery.js:5 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

There isn't any Javascript error in Main_TrafficMonitor_devdaily.asp page.

However, now that I think about it would restoring a previous saved settings from 380.68 to 382.2 using @john9527 's NVRAM Save/Restore Utility (R26.2) cause the problem to Traffic monitor per device page? I did do a factory-reset before restoring just to be clear

lost much needed ability to upload own cert via the GUI :( no love!
Thus far IFTT won't connect either on my RT-AC88u either.

Just updated from 380.66.6 to the 382.2.beta2 (AC3100) and finally I think my router will play nice with my ceiling fans (Haiku fans by Bigass Fans).

Only strange thing is my logs are full of:

Code:
Jan  2 14:29:15 kernel: CONSOLE: 027994.473 wl1: wlc_ampdu_tx_recv_delba: AMPDU OFF: tid 2 initiator 0 reason 39
Jan  2 14:29:16 kernel: CONSOLE: 027995.145 wl1.0: wlc_send_bar: seq 0x269 tid 2

and it repeats ad nauseum. Any ideas what this is about?

However, now that I think about it would restoring a previous saved settings from 380.68 to 382.2 using @john9527 's NVRAM Save/Restore Utility (R26.2) cause the problem to Traffic monitor per device page? I did do a factory-reset before restoring just to be clear
With the changes in nvram handling (I think the character limits apply to all models, not just the AC86.... @RMerlin - can you verify this is correct?) the DHCP assignments may be truncated or just aborted if they exceed the limit. I haven't yet had the opportunity to try some test cases with my restore code.

Do all the previous assignments you made on 380 show correctly in the 382 gui?

With the changes in nvram handling (I think the character limits apply to all models, not just the AC86.... @RMerlin - can you verify this is correct?) the DHCP assignments may be truncated or just aborted if they exceed the limit. I haven't yet had the opportunity to try some test cases with my restore code.

Do all the previous assignments you made on 380 show correctly in the 382 gui?

Thanks John! This is the error I got on AC3100 only. AC68U is still on 29E2. All the previous assignments showed up in the 382 GUI. My dhcp_staticlist length is 2,370 characters which is less than the reported 2,500 limit. More details are in this and this post

Stealth mode (disable all LEDs) does not seem to work despite factory reset. (RT-AC88U Rev. A5, 382.2.beta2 )

All the previous assignments showed up in the 382 GUI. My dhcp_staticlist length is 2,370 characters which is less than the reported 2,500 limit.
Just for info can you compare the output of the following two commands after ssh to the router

nvram get dhcp_staticlist

cat /jffs/nvram/dhcp_staticlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!