What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the main Network Map Page.

They're not shifted, they're in reverse order. The bug is inside rc/prebuilt/broadcom.o's closed source component, it doesn't take into account the fact that the RT-AC3200 port order is backward. Fixing this at the webui level would be a bit messy, and would break again if Asus ever fixes it on their end, so I'll leave it as it is.

At the 5ghz band, some numbers are double? why?

Can't reproduce here. Try flushing your browser cache, and doing a factory default reset.

Upgraded both 68U and 86U to 384.3 Beta but the 68U appears to be having issues in Repeater mode

Bug in 384_10070, fix backported from 384_20287 (will need more testing, but initial test seemed to work for me).

Can't reproduce here. Try flushing your browser cache, and doing a factory default reset.
@RMerlin,

Strange! I have it in Firefox (two different PC's), Google Chrome (two different PC's) but also on an ipad (safari) and an iphone. (also safari)
Can it differ per router? The problem was also in the alpha and the previous beta.

Is it already known when AiMesh support is possible in Merlin?

On the main Network Map Page.

Confirmed , hadn't noticed it and it is not a big issue , everything functions as it should.

Tools > Sys Info :
1 100 Full Duplex
2 Unplugged
3 1000 Full Duplex
4 Unplugged
===========
Network Map :
1 Unplugged
2 1Gbps
3 Unplugged
4 1Gbps

They're not shifted, they're in reverse order. The bug is inside rc/prebuilt/broadcom.o's closed source component, it doesn't take into account the fact that the RT-AC3200 port order is backward. Fixing this at the webui level would be a bit messy, and would break again if Asus ever fixes it on their end, so I'll leave it as it is.
In commit faa51db (SDK637: merge RT-AC56U binary blobs from 382_50010) you merged the 382_50010 version of (among others) broadcom.o for the RT-AC56U, but you did not do the same for the RT-AC3200. Maybe it has been fixed by Asus in 382_50010?

Not sure if it matters, but I noticed that these RT-AC3200 binary blobs are also still the 382_19466 versions, while 382_50010 contains an updated version:
release/src/router/bwdpi_source/asus/prebuild_arm_7/RT-AC3200/libbwdpi.so
release/src/router/bwdpi_source/asus_sql/prebuild_arm_7/bwdpi_sqlite
release/src/router/bwdpi_source/asus_sql/prebuild_arm_7/libbwdpi_sql.so

Maybe this is simply stuff on your to-do list for the future, sorry to bother you but I wanted to bring it to your attention.

RT-AC1900P - On the Adaptive QOS/Bandwidth Monitor tab, the dials are reporting opposite traffic, i.e., up is down.

i have this error repeating since installing 384.3 this morning:

kernel: ERR[update_qos_data_by_mac:3568] Failed to find udb entry by skb src-MAC

anyone have any idea what this means?

any help is much appreciated.

Does CTF work in this version? 20287 notes says it fixes CTF issues, which is why I’m curious.

...but LOL!

I have tried the Aimesh in the latest stock firmware on a RT-86U and a RT-68U.. I wouldn't be rushing RMerlin to implement it into his firmware, even if he could (which he can't since the source has not been released) . I found it very buggy and unstable. I believe it is the first release of Aimesh.. and this homey is not a fan of 1.0.0 version software.

Is it already known when AiMesh support is possible in Merlin?

No, and at this point it doesn't seem likely to happen.

In commit faa51db (SDK637: merge RT-AC56U binary blobs from 382_50010) you merged the 382_50010 version of (among others) broadcom.o for the RT-AC56U, but you did not do the same for the RT-AC3200. Maybe it has been fixed by Asus in 382_50010?

Not sure if it matters, but I noticed that these RT-AC3200 binary blobs are also still the 382_19466 versions, while 382_50010 contains an updated version:
release/src/router/bwdpi_source/asus/prebuild_arm_7/RT-AC3200/libbwdpi.so
release/src/router/bwdpi_source/asus_sql/prebuild_arm_7/bwdpi_sqlite
release/src/router/bwdpi_source/asus_sql/prebuild_arm_7/libbwdpi_sql.so

Maybe this is simply stuff on your to-do list for the future, sorry to bother you but I wanted to bring it to your attention.

I try to minimize the cross-GPL-release merging. I merged the BWDPI components due to issues specific to bwdpi, and also because I knew these wouldn't break anything else. Other blobs such as broadcom.o are too sensitive and more likely to fail when mixed with different GPL releases.

Does CTF work in this version? 20287 notes says it fixes CTF issues, which is why I’m curious.

I backported fixes for most (possibly not all models). I have no way of testing it however.

I try to minimize the cross-GPL-release merging. I merged the BWDPI components due to issues specific to bwdpi, and also because I knew these wouldn't break anything else. Other blobs such as broadcom.o are too sensitive and more likely to fail when mixed with different GPL releases.
Thanks, clear.

I can confirm Media Bridge mode would not work with RT-AC3100 to RT-AC86U Router on 384.3 Beta1. I was able to fix it by flashing the latest firmware 3.0.0.4_384_20308 from Asus. This is most likely related to the post #124 above and possibly the same fix will work here.

I use http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest to test for buffer bloat etc. Not sure if I'm missing something obvious here but maybe an expert can tell me if its a bug or working as intended. If this is a bug I've no idea if it was just recently introduced or not.

I haven't tested in a while but as there was a new firmware version available I thought I would upgrade and test.
I generally use Adaptive QoS but from limited testing this seems to affect Traditional as well.

If i change settings on the QoS page, for instance changing the queue discipline and click save when I run a speed test latency / bufferbloat etc is all over the place. UL/DL figures aren't near what I have set in teh QoS section and I get lag spikes etc. If i click save a second time (same prompt that counts up to 100%) then the test works as expected and I get much reduced lag and bloat.

What is going on?

EDIT: cleared the log and hit save on QoS screen, got the following:

Feb 8 18:50:41 rc_service: httpd 286:notify_rc restart_qos;restart_firewall
Feb 8 18:51:03 kernel: ERR[parse_qos_conf:932] Can't set new QoS conf while QoS is started!
Feb 8 18:51:03 kernel: ERR[ioctl_iqos_op_config:3592] parse qos_conf error!!
Feb 8 18:51:03 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_config() fail!
Feb 8 18:51:03 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3344] QoS is already started!
Feb 8 18:51:03 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!
Feb 8 18:51:06 kernel: ERR[parse_qos_conf:932] Can't set new QoS conf while QoS is started!
Feb 8 18:51:06 kernel: ERR[ioctl_iqos_op_config:3592] parse qos_conf error!!
Feb 8 18:51:06 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_config() fail!
Feb 8 18:51:06 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3344] QoS is already started!
Feb 8 18:51:06 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!
Feb 8 18:51:11 miniupnpd[29726]: shutting down MiniUPnPd
Feb 8 18:51:12 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth0)
Feb 8 18:51:13 miniupnpd[17812]: HTTP listening on port 41720
Feb 8 18:51:13 miniupnpd[17812]: Listening for NAT-PMP/PCP traffic on port 5351
Feb 8 18:51:13 miniupnpd[17812]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer

Back in the alpha guest wifi and system password changes would not take effect when you hit apply on RT-AC68u. Only after a reboot. Maybe you found another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!