What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't certificate renewal will fail.

Check out the article you posted it says to allow web access on 8443 :rolleyes:

I don't think web access from wan is really required.

Let’s Encrypt only allow checking via port 80 or 443.

From the article, I think ASUS implement checking via port 80 only.

I don't see what's the deal with having a valid SSL certificate, with all the hassles it entails (such as forcing you to access your router over its DDNS name). A self-signed certificate will be just as safe, and will work just the same regardless on how you access your router.

Media bridge seems to be messed up in Merlin firmware with the new 384 branch if you reset the router you want to use for media bridge and try to setup the media bridge again.

Not sure if it is because of aimesh or the new setup pages.

If you upgraded from 380 to 384 and do not reset the media bridge you will be OK but if you want or need to reset the media bridge then try to set it up again it will be all messed up.

On stock firmware we discussed it here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/aimesh-media-bridge.43247/#post-371104

If you reset to defaults and then try to setup media bridge it will end up turning on a guest radio and then try to use that for your bridge or so it seems.

Parent AP status on the bridge router will say disconnected instead of connected like it should be and trying to disable the guest that the setup turned on will fail.

Went back to 380.69.2 and media bridge works as intended.

Guest network on the bridge router is off in 380.

Any stock firmware before the aimesh versions has these same results in that before aimesh fine but after messed up if trying to setup media bridge.

@RMerlin : Do you think this is an issue in the setup pages?

Last edited:

There's a bug in beta releases involving the QiS changes Asus did because of AiMesh and saving some parameters. I fixed the Main_Password.asp page last night, unsure if other pages might also be affected. I know that Repeater (for which I backported a fix) and Media Bridge have been problematic for 384 so far. I don't intend to look at it anymore in 384.3 since I have much newer GPL code to work with for 384.4, best to revisit the issue then, in case the GPL upgrade might have fixed it.

Personally I don't test Media Bridge mode - too much work to add on top of everything else.

I can confirm ,mediabridge issues still present in .20308
I can confirm this Media Bridge bug, too. Router in MB-mode activates a Guest 5 GHz WLAN (Open System!) and you have no chance to deactivate it.
See detailed describtion here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...ta-is-now-available.44438/page-13#post-380926

I flashed my Asus RT-AC68U in Media Bridge mode back to latest stock firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20308, currently.
The issue is not present anymore and it workes without activating the guest network.

I can confirm ,mediabridge issues still present in .20308

I received the 384_20379 GPL this morning (only for SDK 7.14 devices so far), however I see almost no changes over 384_20308, so I doubt there will be any fix in it either. Can you confirm using the original Asus firmware that the issue is still there, and if so send them a feedback either using the Feedback button, or emailing router_feedback <at> asus dot com?

Can you confirm using the original Asus firmware that the issue is still there, and if so send them a feedback either using the Feedback button, or emailing router_feedback <at> asus dot com?
Already done via GUI since the first days of 10007 and also on 20308, with no answer from asus

*On 20308 it can work for 1 day, but after that the trouble comes back and a reboot is necessary
No internet and lan with the devices on the bridge (RT-AC68U)
I'm exhausted of that , I finally put 380.69 on my bridge and everything is ok

Last edited:
I have been upgrading my RT-AC68U through each 384 alpha & beta. Did not realize that somewhere along the line miniDLNA streaming broke. I have gone back & tested each alpha/beta and can state the miniDLNA streaming broke with 384.3_alpha3. All prior's work & all subsequent's fail including 384.3_beta3. The failure is when streaming a movie the stream becomes interrupted, no access to the miniDLNA server.

One other thing that I have noticed is that my attached hard drives are no longer spinning down. I believe this be true for all 384.3 alpha & beta's. I did turn 'Enable HDD Hibernation' feature on in its new location under administration, system. My requested spin down time was there, I applied the changes but no spin downs in log file.

Last edited:
Do need to reset the router in order to get ctf+ fa again with 384.3_beta2

I can confirm that FA is no longer showing up in the 384.10007 firmware on my AC68U. I loaded 384.10007 on my 68U and reset to defaults. I noticed that only CTF was enabled but no FA. I did another reboot, no FA. I switched NAT acceleration off, did a reboot, switched NAT acceleration back to auto, did a reboot and still no FA. I'm wondering if there were some issues with FA and the AiMesh stuff. A flash back to the 382 branch and FA is showing in the GUI. I wasn't able to hook the router up to my WAN connection to verify via cpu usage if FA is indeed not working and not just a GUI issue.

That said, I never cared for FA. It would screw up the traffic monitor stats and I could still get 940 Mbps WAN<>LAN speed with just CTF enabled albeit at 100% cpu usage.

Having some issues with previous releases (382.xx/380.69) upgraded to 384.3 beta 1, which has been rock solid for more than a week now (basic configuration).
Just uploaded beta 3 and will report back after some time.
Thank you very much for the hard work RMerlin !

Media bridge seems to be messed up in Merlin firmware with the new 384 branch if you reset the router you want to use for media bridge and try to setup the media bridge again.

Not sure if it is because of aimesh or the new setup pages.

If you upgraded from 380 to 384 and do not reset the media bridge you will be OK but if you want or need to reset the media bridge then try to set it up again it will be all messed up.

On stock firmware we discussed it here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/aimesh-media-bridge.43247/#post-371104

If you reset to defaults and then try to setup media bridge it will end up turning on a guest radio and then try to use that for your bridge or so it seems.

Parent AP status on the bridge router will say disconnected instead of connected like it should be and trying to disable the guest that the setup turned on will fail.

Went back to 380.69.2 and media bridge works as intended.

Guest network on the bridge router is off in 380.

Any stock firmware before the aimesh versions has these same results in that before aimesh fine but after messed up if trying to setup media bridge.

media bridge issue had been fixed with 384.20287, though only set up and did a quick test then continue to use aimesh instead
if you still experience issue with 384.20287, I will suggest you to power off the router to power cycle and use wps button to do full reset.

did a quick test then continue to use aimesh instead
So you dont tried or read what i said ;).... "it can work for 1 day, but after that the trouble comes back and a reboot is necessary" :oops:

As every time Asus makes a big change in their firmwares, they break something else, I'm not surprised. I simply decided to buy a real brigde of another brand. 3 firmware later and the problem is still there.
So I doubt that they want(asus) to repair it, they are too bogged down in their mesh history.

Last edited:
I can confirm that FA is no longer showing up in the 384.10007 firmware on my AC68U. I loaded 384.10007 on my 68U and reset to defaults. I noticed that only CTF was enabled but no FA. I did another reboot, no FA. I switched NAT acceleration off, did a reboot, switched NAT acceleration back to auto, did a reboot and still no FA. I'm wondering if there were some issues with FA and the AiMesh stuff. A flash back to the 382 branch and FA is showing in the GUI. I wasn't able to hook the router up to my WAN connection to verify via cpu usage if FA is indeed not working and not just a GUI issue.

Seems Asus changed ctf_fa_mode in the firmware that have aimesh. I noticed this in 384 @RMerlin as well.

I was able to get FA back by entering nvram set ctf_fa_mode=2 but it reverted on a reboot.

Beta 3 has been humming along for over 2 days. Small home network here.

Thanks Merlin.

Beta 3 has been working very smoothly here as well, other than two client names that don't stick for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!