What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far Beta 4 running fine on RT-AC3100 (Still same quirks as I have pointed out before though...)

This is most likely the same non-sense that was also breaking IPv6.

IPv6 is still broken. Both under stateless and stateful. Clients lose the link local address (fe80) of the router (RT-AC88U) after extended use.

With the clients no longer having an IPv6 default gateway to leverage, the IPv6 Internet traffic comes crashing down.

@RMerlin

Just upgraded from the latest stable version to beta 3 on the AC-88U. Ever since then, wifi calling is no longer working (WLAN-Call bei der deutschen Telekom). Any idea why that might be? I've already restarted the router but without success.

Make sure you got IPSEC pass-through enabled. I believe most Wifi calling implementations rely on it.
Why no beta 4 for 5300? I have the same problems with scanners and 2.4 band.

Because compiling all 9 models takes over an hour (it used to be close to 1h30 with my previous rig). I just wanted to quickly have the most popular models ready before heading to bed.

That's also why it was just uploaded to the Test Builds folder rather than a formal beta release. That will come once I've completed cleaning up the GPL revert.

Make sure you got IPSEC pass-through enabled. I believe most Wifi calling implementations rely on it.

Enabling ipsec passthrough fixed the issues (on beta 4). But: I did not have to have passthrough enabled on the last stable version, so something definitely changed here.

Has anything changed with this beta (380.65beta3) in regards to the syslogd? ... i have a script which kills it and replaces it with syslog-ng, but it seems to have restarted. Is there some process relaunching it which i need to deal with?

AC3100 working well with Beta 4. No more erratic client list and disappearing devices. Thank you for reverting 4180 RMerlin. Hopefully Broadcom/Asus can get their code in order.

I ran the beta 3 and now the 4.
Printer is a cheapo Brother totally wireless. works on either beta
That may be due to router models and these issues-+?

Enabling ipsec passthrough fixed the issues (on beta 4). But: I did not have to have passthrough enabled on the last stable version, so something definitely changed here.

Asus might have fixed the passthrough perhaps. In any case, I didn't change anything here, and since Wifi calling requires IPSEC, it makes sense for this feature to require being enabled.

Has anything changed with this beta (380.65beta3) in regards to the syslogd? ... i have a script which kills it and replaces it with syslog-ng, but it seems to have restarted. Is there some process relaunching it which i need to deal with?

I haven't changed anything there.

I haven't changed anything there.
Ok thanks Merlin.... the script looks like this
Code:
kill_syslogd(){
    if [[ ! -z $(pidof syslogd) ]]; then
        killall syslogd
        cat /tmp/syslog.log >> /opt/var/log/messages
        rm  /tmp/syslog.log /tmp/syslog.log-1
        ln -s /opt/var/log/messages /tmp/syslog.log
    fi
}
just want to confirm that killall will still work on this version of syslogd ( new busy box version right?)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!