What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those missing the QoS options, can you open your browser console to see if there's any error message?

I have my 2nd openvpn server setup with "Direct clients to redirect Internet traffic" and when I connect to it via my laptop internet stops working. I have it setup with a TAP interface and UDP Protocol using L4Z compression.
OT, but if you mean you have one server with redirect, and one without, you should consider doing this on the client side. Don't redirect on the server side, and set up two client configs, one for Starbucks with redirect, one for a secure location without. The other server is then available for something else. Like one TAP, one TUN, or one 443/TCP and one more flexible.

Those missing the QoS options, can you open your browser console to see if there's any error message?
Looks like the problem is those display:none element style, once comented on chrome developer options I was able to activate QOS again.
upload_2017-7-8_2-12-18.png

Looks like the problem is those display:none element style, once comented on chrome developer options I was able to activate QOS again.
View attachment 9750

They are hidden by default, and shown when the router reports that it supports Adaptive QoS. That means either there's an error message preventing that Javascript code from being run (and therefore from revealing items), or the router thinks it doesn't support Adaptive QoS.

And there it is:

Code:
merlin.js:3 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null
    at getRadioValue (merlin.js:3)
    at QoS_EZQoS.asp:1244
    at HTMLImageElement.<anonymous> (jquery.iphone-switch.js:51)
    at HTMLImageElement.r.complete (jquery.js:5)
    at c (jquery.js:3)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:3)
    at l (jquery.js:5)
    at x.fx.tick (jquery.js:5)
getRadioValue @ merlin.js:3
(anonymous) @ QoS_EZQoS.asp:1244
(anonymous) @ jquery.iphone-switch.js:51
r.complete @ jquery.js:5
c @ jquery.js:3
fireWith @ jquery.js:3
l @ jquery.js:5
x.fx.tick @ jquery.js:5

I'll take a look, and push refreshed builds later tonight. The issue only occurs when trying to enable or disable QoS. In the meantime, here's a workaround. Over SSH:

Code:
nvram get qos_enable=1
nvram set qos_type=1
nvram commit

You should be able to access the webpage after that and do any change.

Last edited:
Ac_56u; 1000 mbps down/ 500 mbps up pppoe connection; I had issues with all 380 firmwares, asus or merlin; reported here and on asus support. Speed with 380 is 800-850 mbps with only one cpu core working during the tests; with 378 fw is >930 with both cores working. I gave up testing every 380 fw, to get back on latest 378 I have to flash an 376 with recovery / mini cfe server and then use that (376) to flash the 378...
I understand that the issue was even worst with the latest 380 and is fixed in beta 3, but if it is on par with the previous 380's I'll have to stick with the old 378.

I uploaded new archives named 380.67-beta3b with the fixed webui (there was no version string change).

Ahh thats a bummer, the comment feature is super handy. Thanks for looking into it atleast
Next update on ipset 6....Just couldn't leave it alone. Was able to isolate the crash to flushing settype hash only. Dug through the ipset code. Good news this time! After a bit of trial and error I came up with a patch for ipset that appears to fix the crash. Back on track for now....

In addition to comment (which I haven't tried yet, maybe you could help out? If need be, I can port it over to the Merlin Beta)....I think counters looks interesting...
Code:
admin@RT-AC68P-EC58:/tmp/home/root# ipset list | grep -v "packets 0 bytes 0"
Name: NoVPNBase
Type: hash:ip
Revision: 4
Header: family inet hashsize 4096 maxelem 65536 counters
Size in memory: 8100
References: 1
Number of entries: 67
Members:
52.94.236.178 packets 20 bytes 5463
52.43.24.139 packets 33 bytes 49629
176.32.103.58 packets 52 bytes 12818
52.24.246.177 packets 9 bytes 4217
54.239.17.71 packets 11 bytes 2286
52.94.236.223 packets 10 bytes 1269
176.32.103.194 packets 17 bytes 3680
54.239.27.11 packets 23 bytes 5877
54.239.16.1 packets 14 bytes 3560

Name: NoVPNCIDR
Type: hash:net
Revision: 6
Header: family inet hashsize 4096 maxelem 65536 counters
Size in memory: 1156
Number of entries: 7
Members:
23.246.0.0/18 packets 41278 bytes 2809906   << Streaming Netflix

Name: NoVPN
Type: list:set
Revision: 3
Header: size 8 counters
Size in memory: 124
Number of entries: 2
Members:
NoVPNBase packets 765 bytes 391807
NoVPNCIDR packets 41278 bytes 2809906

I've just installed beta3b to my 88U. When I go to page QoS Statistics I think httpd crashes because I can't access to any page on web UI till restart httpd service.

and now cpu is %100 and for a while and here is htop output which seems weird to me.

https://prnt.sc/ft2r02

I've chosen "WAN packet overhead" as cable(DOCSIS) which I use. but after apllying this it still shows "Select Preset:"

CPU is %100 for about 10 minutes maybe more and router uptime is 13 minutes already. I will reboot it now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 580
I'm seeing the same after selecting a preset on the QoS page, after applying "cable(docsis)". When the page refreshes, it just shows select preset in the box. So seeing the same as (Pattiri) on the AC3100 regarding that Merlin. So I don't know if we're dealing with another java type bug, I just figured I would mention it as well.

I've just installed beta3b to my 88U. When I go to page QoS Statistics I think httpd crashes because I can't access to any page on web UI till restart httpd service.

and now cpu is %100 and for a while and here is htop output which seems weird to me.

https://prnt.sc/ft2r02

I've chosen "WAN packet overhead" as cable(DOCSIS) which I use. but after apllying this it still shows "Select Preset:"

CPU is %100 for about 10 minutes maybe more and router uptime is 13 minutes already. I will reboot it now.
Which browser are you using ive had no issues in edge or ie, i can check chrome if you want.

Which browser are you using ive had no issues in edge or ie, i can check chrome if you want.

I'm using firefox. Since I've sent that post I've rebooted node a couple of times. now CPU seems stable but after choosing cable(docsis) it still shows Select Preset. It's still same with Chrome.

I'm using firefox. Since I've sent that post I've rebooted node a couple of times. now CPU seems stable but after choosing cable(docsis) it still shows Select Preset. It's still same with Chrome.
Mine also says chose preset but the number is set, im bnot sure if its a bug or inteded behavior.

Mine also says chose preset but the number is set, im bnot sure if its a bug or inteded behavior.

mine number is set too. Maybe it's working like that as you've told :D

The closed beta version was the same. I think the drop down just pre-populates the overhead and ATM fields to expected values and doesn't remain afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The closed beta version was the same. I think the drop down just pre-populates the overhead and ATM fields to expected values and doesn't remain afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

i have looked into the problems i have been having since builds around a week ago
using the hostname is whats causing me problems was fine before around a week ago

Last edited:
I'm seeing the same after selecting a preset on the QoS page, after applying "cable(docsis)". When the page refreshes, it just shows select preset in the box.

This is how it's intended to work. The preset gets applied to the two fields next to it when you apply settings. Same with the preset dropdown you can find on the Port Forward page for example.

i have looked into the problems i have been having since builds around a week ago
using the hostname is whats causing me problems was fine before around a week ago

Are you using a public TLD (.org) within your LAN? If so, that's a bad idea for many different reasons.

When I access my own router using its internal hostname I have no problem repeating the same steps as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!