What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.12 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried that. After my factory reset I made sure I enabled SSH so I could do that but the issue persist even after restarting httpd.

EDIT: Looks like it finally came back after restarting HTTPD. I guess it took awhile.
Good. That not coming up is odd, at least in my experience. It always worked immediately for me. Some time back that webgui freeze happened so often, that I ran a cron job every few hours to restart it. Finally found I had one or two scripts that apparently caused it. I tend to play too much and run everything. :)

Is there any indication that Asus will update any of its routers to WPA3? I know Apple is supporting it in iOS 13 and I believe some other routers support WPA3 now.

They will when WPA3 features a non-broken mode out of the gate. :)

Tried that. After my factory reset I made sure I enabled SSH so I could do that but the issue persist even after restarting httpd.

EDIT: Looks like it finally came back after restarting HTTPD. I guess it took awhile.

Are you using a swap file?

Are you using a swap file?

No customization done on these devices. Just simple out of the box settings.

You may want to follow the amtm Step-by-Step guide (assuming you have completed a full and proper M&M Config on your router already) to get at least a properly formatted USB drive used as a swap file for the router.

Please see my signature for the link(s). :)

Look, without the registry error, it is difficult for the development team to fix it. Due to the level of the problems, it will take a little longer for the release of 384.12. To make logging in with the system recovery settings and scripts in jffs.

Last edited:
Do you have some old certificates from earlier firmware's on your computer? Remove all the stored certificates on your computer from the Asus router and try again.

Do you have some old certificates from earlier firmware's on your computer? Remove all the stored certificates on your computer from the Asus router and try again.
I recently formatted my PC so no old certs lingering around. I double checked too.

Here it is.

I have to admit I originally thought this should have been done in a few minutes, but ended up trying/changing all sorts of different settings for a couple of hours last night...

Edit: tried to upload the syslog, but that didn't work, and when I tried copy/paste in the text I was blocked..

Edit 2:
Trying again as suggested...

https://pastebin.com/H7zuFeKj

Something with your TLS is not working correctly, you're missing some log entries when making a client connection. You should see the following lines:
Jun 18 23:01:45 ovpn-server1[29176]: Your_IP_Address:50402 Control Channel: TLSv1.2, cipher TLSv1.2 ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, 2048 bit RSA
Jun 18 23:01:45 ovpn-server1[29176]: Your_IP_Address:50402 [client] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]69.244.166.147:50402

Did you make sure that after every change you updated the clients OPVN file as well?

Something with your TLS is not working correctly, you're missing some log entries when making a client connection. You should see the following lines:
Jun 18 23:01:45 ovpn-server1[29176]: Your_IP_Address:50402 Control Channel: TLSv1.2, cipher TLSv1.2 ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, 2048 bit RSA
Jun 18 23:01:45 ovpn-server1[29176]: Your_IP_Address:50402 [client] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]69.244.166.147:50402

Did you make sure that after every change you updated the clients OPVN file as well?

Still no luck.

Defaulted the ovpn server by turning it off and chose default. Started from scratch, by only choosing both (lan and internet), and added a test user. Exported the ovpn file, and it still wont connect… I have also been on the wan/virtual server/port forwarding page and enabled port forwarding for open vpn 1194 and 1195 udp. Not sure what else I must do to get it working on Merlin...

Still no luck.

Defaulted the ovpn server by turning it off and chose default. Started from scratch, by only choosing both (lan and internet), and added a test user. Exported the ovpn file, and it still wont connect… I have also been on the wan/virtual server/port forwarding page and enabled port forwarding for open vpn 1194 and 1195 udp. Not sure what else I must do to get it working on Merlin...
Check the compression setting on the VPN Server. I have been unable to make the connection work properly when setting Compression to None or Disabled. Can't recall if it was an Android or Windows OS though. Set compression to LZ4 and see if that makes things work.

Check the compression setting on the VPN Server. I have been unable to make the connection work properly when setting Compression to None or Disabled. Can't recall if it was an Android or Windows OS though. Set compression to LZ4 and see if that makes things work.
I have compression set to OFF with my OpenVPN server on AC86U and OFF in the OpenVPN app using an iPhone Xs max. No issues at all.

Since 384.12 Beta I have no internet connection on my RT-AX88U , LAN connection working fine.
All firmware before had no problems
No scripts or so running, nothing on USB ports
Downgrading to 384.11_2 resolves the problem, all working fine again.

Any one an idea what the problem could be?

Since 384.12 Beta I have no internet connection on my RT-AX88U , LAN connection working fine.
All firmware before had no problems
No scripts or so running, nothing on USB ports
Downgrading to 384.11_2 resolves the problem, all working fine again.

Any one an idea what the problem could be?

Anything abnormal shown in the system log?

As far as i can see, not

Have to ask. When was the last time a full reset to factory defaults was performed on this router without using any saved backup config file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!