What's new

Clients Showing up in AP Mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DaveLessnau

Occasional Visitor
I was using my RT-AC66U as a full router with Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62_1. I got a pfSense box to do the routing function, switched my AC66U over to Access Point mode (for my wireless devices), and connected it to a switch with all the rest of my wired devices. Looking at the client list in the AC66U, it still shows all the devices on my network (both wired and wireless). Is this correct behavior? Since the wireless devices have to go through the AP to get to the DHCP server on the router, I suppose it's possible they should be listed there. But, I can't see why the AP would list those wired devices as clients. Perhaps these are left over from the AC66U's life as a router? Should I have done a factory default before converting to AP Mode? If this behavior is incorrect, is there a way to delete those clients from the AP, or will I have to do a factory default?

I think it takes note of ARP (well Gratuitous ARP) messages being broadcast in the network and anything it sees it shows as a client.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk