What's new

Converted TM router not fast enough

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ramman

New Around Here
I've flashed my T-mobile ac1900 to Asus RT-AC68U with latest firmware. I have 1GB Internet, after the upgrade I am getting hardly 60-80 Mbps on LAN. Earlier on LAN with ac1900 I used to get 870 Mbps. Flashed it again to Merlin, currently running Merlin v384.19 still getting same speed, no change. When flashing I picked the latest CFE 2.0.0.6 US AiMesh, will that be a issue?

Screenshots from my settings:

1608820440553.png

Appreciate if you can help. I am expecting close to 1Gb both on LAN and on WiFi.

I tried all different ways by updating to lower version of firmware but still no luck. I am still getting less than 100 Mbps.

Last edited:
Flashing this router with ASUS or RMerlin firmware is illegal and not supported on SNBForums. Don't expect much help here.

Regardless of the router or brand, that is a symptom of a bad cable or connector. That's assuming whatever is connected to LAN1 also supports 1GB. So try a CAT5E or CAT6 cable and a different LAN port. And yes, that CFE could be causing problems.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!