What's new

DHCP List Max Limit Increased?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dezzo

Occasional Visitor
Has the DHCP client list limit been increased on some routers recently?
My current max is 64, but I thought I saw it mentioned that this had been increased recently?

I've got RT-AX68U with Merlin 386.7

Asus increased it on some models (I can't check which ones at the moment).

OK I guess the AX68U wasn't one of them since I'm still at 64. :(
As I add new smart devices I'm getting close to the limit, so 128 would sure be nice.

Or maybe it's not possible on this model?
From what you said it sounds like ASUS has to do it, and it's not something you can do?

This is what I see on AX86U:

1657153684023.png

OP is using the AX68U.
Asus increased it on some models (I can't check which ones at the moment).

Yes, I know. It was an example of a model with perhaps increased limit.

This script may help:

Unfortunately it's impossible for me to tell which model has extended DHCP support, as the MaxRule_extend_limit flag is defined within a closed source portion of httpd.

EDIT: actually, the "root" flag for this support is defined at compile time.

Code:
RT-AX88U
GT-AX11000
RT-AX86U
GT-AXE11000
ZenWifi Pro XT12

Well I wish the AX68U DHCP limit could be increased.

Sometimes I really regret buying this AX68U... But the AX86U was just too much more expensive.

I dont really want to have to use scripts since it can complicate things later.

It actually makes things easier, when you need to restore your DHCP reservations. It's up to you.

If there is at least one script to install, YazDHCP would be it.
As @Tech9 said, if you like lots of static assigned addresses, it's the way to go,

thanks I'll look for a YazDHCP guide and see what's involved.
Last time I used scripts it was to overclock an older model router, and it caused some issues later with the JFFS partition or something. I wish ASUS would just increase the limit on this model too. 64 Max is too small :)

Information about YazDHCP and how to install it can be found at:

Or one can install YazDHCP using amtm:

See the dedicated YazDHCP thread in the add-on's subforum:

Last time I used scripts it was to overclock an older model router, and it caused some issues later with the JFFS partition or something. I wish ASUS would just increase the limit on this model too. 64 Max is too small :)
The fix is simple and straightforward :)

I pop up occasionally, but since I moved to pfSense and UniFi, and my Asus routers decided to give up the ghost, I'm not actively developing anymore. I chime in on support requests when I have time as well
well I hope someone will pick up and carry on from where you've left off, sir. Thank you for your hard work!

I pop up occasionally, but since I moved to pfSense and UniFi, and my Asus routers decided to give up the ghost, I'm not actively developing anymore. I chime in on support requests when I have time as well
Boo! Hiss!

j/k
Best wishes for you, and thanks for developing some things here that even I, with my limited knowledge, could use!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!