1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Dual WAN or WAN Aggregation?

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by dmolavi, Jun 30, 2020.

1. dmolavi

dmolavi New Around Here

I have an AX88U, and due to some COVID related delays during a move, had to have Comcast installed as my ISP. I'm 2 months into a 1yr deal with them.

My "normal" ISP is Verizon FiOS, and they are finally doing their install today.

Once FiOS is in, I'll have 2 WAN connections available to me - one from Comcast, one from VZ. On my AX88U, would I use the Dual WAN, or WAN Agg functionality? The VZ connection is ethernet straight from the ONT. The Comcast connection is off the LAN of my MB7621.

thanks in advance.

2. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Part of the Furniture

Sorry, this won't be helpful, but I would plea a Covid-19 hardship with Comcast to exit that deal unless you really need the redundancy.

OE

3. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

WAN link aggregation often requires that both WAN connections are from the same provider (preferably the same modem). I believe this is the case with your router so you will not be able to use it with your two internet feeds.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039053