What's new

Feature Request: Guest Network Icon

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jeff Hortian

New Around Here
New to this forum and recently bought a RT-AC88U and love it. I came from a Stock DD-WRT AC1900, but the interface sucked and was very basic. I never got around to loading ddwrt onto it and talked to a co-worker and they recommended Asus and Merlin. So, here I am.

Anyway, I have setup and configured my router the way I want it; however, one thing I don't like is I can't see who joins my guest network right from the device list on the network map page under device list. I can see all the devices, but not where they are specifically connected from.

So, I was thinking/hoping that a "guest, icon, symbol, tag" could be added.

I did find under "System Logs>Wireless Logs a section that has 7 flags and one of them is a "G" which details if the device is on the guest network. This is nice, but it sucks as you need to go get it and is not easily accessible.

I was thinking that there could be a "guest image", "guest flag" or a new text box/field that states what network it actually joined.

The below picture was taken from the device list on the network map after clicking one of the devices on the right.

upload_2017-4-5_11-40-24.png

Guests are shown on the Wireless Log page with a "G" flag.

I found that out, but that is a lot of work to go to that page, it be nice if it was on the "device list" where you can see all clients on the LAN.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!