What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I had a couple of router crash/auto reboots today on RT-N16 with 374.43_28E2j9527 , both involving USB HD access. Not sure if it is an issue with the recent changes, a prior issue, or a hardware issue from my end.

Crash 1: A computer on the LAN with Kodi was playing a movie that was stored on the USB HD plugged into the router, utilizing Network Place (Samba). This was the 3rd movie in a 24 hours period to play and the first two played without an issue. About 20 min before the end of the movie the router rebooted itself.

Crash 2: While a lot of torrent traffic was going to one of the computers on the LAN, that LAN computer initiated copying a 2+ GB file to the router's USB HD using SCP (via WinSCP). After a minute or so the router rebooted itself.

About the USB HD:
Code:
$ fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 2000.3 GB, 2000398934016 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 243201 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/sda1               1      243202  1953512448   7 HPFS/NTFS
$ df /dev/sda1
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1            1953512444 1567659040 385853404  80% /tmp/mnt/V

I had a couple of router crash/auto reboots today on RT-N16 with 374.43_28E2j9527 , both involving USB HD access. Not sure if it is an issue with the recent changes, a prior issue, or a hardware issue from my end.
The last change that even comes close to the USB support on the N16 was the Samba 36/SMB2 support in V26. If you had that level on previously, there should be no other later changes that would affect the USB.

Since there aren't any logs on the N16 after the crash, it's tough to guess. Just for safety, I'd move the drive to a Windows PC and run a chkdsk (I see it's an NTFS drive).
Otherwise, I'd agree with @cybrnook that it's probably a problem running out of memory, and you may want to set up a swap file if you haven't done so already.

Superfly74

Do you know what version i need for 200 mW.

I have hggomes firmware but dont think its stabil and there you can turn it all the way up. But i need the 200 mW because my flat is in several floors and a wery crowded area.

Last edited:
And what will you do to improve reception of the requests being sent from the client devices?

And what will you do to improve reception of the requests being sent from the client devices?

Most routers is on auto channel selection and i live in crowdet wifi area. When my signal is stronger then the other routers change channel og i have better reception.

Is that simpel.;)

I know it work because i now use Hggomes firmvare.

I did find solution for the problem with John fork via nvram commands via putty.:)

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm a longterm Shibby user who stopped upgrading when he started dual-WAN, I've now made the leap to Merlin (N66U 28e2) and looking at the traffic monitor when displaying in Kb/s everything seems fine, however switching to Mb/s the readings are 10 * actual usage.
I think there's a variable being used incorrectly. Am I the only person experiencing this - this was a fresh install no migration.

Thanks

It's not that simple.
However I'm not sure you're interested to listen to that.

It work here and i can see that the other routers are changing channel and this give better reception because of lees inteference.

However I'm not sure you're interested to listen to that.:p

I think what he is doing is taking a particular channel by brute force, so the others change to another one and somehow his clients have a cleaner spectrum.
It is not much about signal strength between clients and router.

In theory might make sense, and the fact that it seems to work this way for him kind of proves that.

Before reading it, I would have said the same thing about clients not sending stronger than they are :)

It's not that simple.
However I'm not sure you're interested to listen to that.

I think what he is doing is taking a particular channel by brute force, so the others change to another one and somehow his clients have a cleaner spectrum.
It is not much about signal strength between clients and router.

In theory might make sense, and the fact that it seems to work this way for him kind of proves that.

Before reading it, I would have said the same thing about clients not sending stronger than they are :)

Correct.:)

I do understand that the clients dont have the same power.

In other cases like when you want to put up a access point to the router is also make sence if both devices have more tx-power.

nice work
i love the new QOS screen

10193-70003a6552fe6b36e1efd2209881ae1f.jpg

Attachments

• qos-new.jpg
    qos-new.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 626
Hi,
I'm a longterm Shibby user who stopped upgrading when he started dual-WAN, I've now made the leap to Merlin (N66U 28e2) and looking at the traffic monitor when displaying in Kb/s everything seems fine, however switching to Mb/s the readings are 10 * actual usage.
I think there's a variable being used incorrectly. Am I the only person experiencing this - this was a fresh install no migration.

Thanks
Take a look again at the units.....one is KB/s (KBYTES/sec - the original units from the code)...the other is Mb/s (Mbits/sec which I added). I'm sure its right.

EDIT: So there is actually an additional factor of 8X

Last edited:
and where can i make the switch from Kb to Mb?

Can you switch to mb/s and see if the values are correct or a factor of 10 out please.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

and where can i make the switch from Kb to Mb?
That was added so long ago....I just moved it to the Traffic Monitor page with the rest of the new options (learned how to interface javascript with cookies and svg files :) )

Here's a comparison between KB/s and Mb/s
Monitor_KB.png Monitor_Mb.png

From the scales 5346.68 KB/s = 5.22MB/s = 41.77Mb/s

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!