What's new

Release [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 45EC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks John for keep the firmware updated for our old device.
I need help on the firmware.
I updated RT-N66U from RT-N66U_374.43_43E6j9527 to RT-N66U_374.43_45ECj9527. Everything works fine. Somehow the graphs in Addons are not showing in the GUI. I downgraded and still face the same issue. This is the same even after I format the USB drive. I then make mistake to load Asus firmware 3.0.0.4.382_50470. Now I am not able to load any Merlin build into the router. Is there any way to load Merlin build into the router again?

Answer would be the same - use Asus Restoration Tool. That's the only way.

Great to hear that it can be done with restoration tool. I will do it and report back. Thanks.

Edit: Restoration success. I am able to restore with RT-N66U_374.43_45ECj9527. After setup now all the addons webui are showing correctly.

Last edited:
There's some major internet problems today on the east coast US. Give it a bit and see if it settles down.

The isssues continued until next day, it was a router reboot that apparently solved the issues. Never had to do that before with previous releases. Will do so next time.
Thanks!

hii.. im flash RT-N66U_374.43_45ECj9527 using AP Mode.. wiring via ethernet cable from LAN(ISP Main Router) to WAN(N66U)..
i cant find configuration for enabling DOT or Adguard.. where is the place??

im not familiar with UI Asuswrt, usually im using FreshTomato..

Not possible in AP mode.

what?? seriously?? thats bad..
is AP mode Merlin vs FreshTomato different??

i want try Merlin because on FreshTomato i feel my signal RTN66 not optimal sometimes drop/weak, sometimes phone cant automatically connect wifi..
RTN66U is good hardware vs my ISP Router,
but about signal & stability still good my ISP router..

any other methode?? like install Stubby??

Last edited:
I noticed some slow reactions of my smart plugs in the last weeks. Probably the firmware-upgrades on these or could it be related to this fork?

Hello, I wanted to thank you all : my RT-N66U has a second life now, rock solid & cooler !
(Used Asus restoration tool from latest Asus firmware dropping 5Ghz connexions.)
How could I donate? (coffee/postcard equivalent ;-)

Appreciated so much for your update on this firmware.

I tried to flash this firmware on my RT-N16 which added with 5G modular and worked properly with other firmware such as dd-wrt and ASUSWRT modified version previously, on this updated firmware I could find GUI indicated with 5G, but I have no idea to enable 5G WiFi, can you please check how to activate 5G modular?

I tried to flash this firmware on my RT-N16 which added with 5G modular and worked properly with other firmware such as dd-wrt and ASUSWRT modified version previously, on this updated firmware I could find GUI indicated with 5G, but I have no idea to enable 5G WiFi, can you please check how to activate 5G modular?

If I understand your question correctly... Wireless --> General --> Professional. Make sure radio is enabled. It should be by default.

If you are talking about adding a wireless modem via USB as WAN, it's under USB Applications
If you are talking about true wireless WAN (WISP) mode, that has never been supported on ASUSWRT.

Hi, John,

The 5G wifi modular is added to PCI-E port on N16 PCB circuit (refer to attached picture) not USB port.

Attached screenshot of relevant packages of this given firmware for your reference, on the welcome page, brief introduction said N16 is a concurrent 2.4 and 5GHz dual band device. And on top of the frame you could see SSID indicates both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, however we can't find 5GHz enable configuration on wifi professional setting. Previously I flashed other customized Merlin firmware with 5G config, to enable 5G wifi, it was required to make necessary setting on nvram, such as

nvram set Ate_dev_status=switch=O,2G=O,5G=O
nvram commit
reboot

or

nvram set dual_band=2
nvram commit
reboot

I had tried above said commands, unfortunately both didn't work like other customized Merlin firmware

Attachments

• welcome page.jpg
    welcome page.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 142
  • wifi_professional setting.jpg
    wifi_professional setting.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 194
  • network map.jpg
    network map.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 170
  • PCI-E 5G wifi.jpg
    PCI-E 5G wifi.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 150
Dear John
Can I use Administration - Firmware Upgrade for upgrading?
From Firmware:374.43_45EAj9527 to Firmware:374.43_45ECj9527 how to do upgrade?

I've tried normal firmware upgrade but it still shows 374.43_45EAj9527

Is this normal or should I do it again using ASUS Recovery?
The GUI update should work. I would reboot the router, clear your browser cache and try again. Also you should post your router model and perhaps what browser you are using to further help with troubleshooting.

The GUI update should work. I would reboot the router, clear your browser cache and try again. Also you should post your router model and perhaps what browser you are using to further help with troubleshooting.
ASUS RT-AC66U
Rebooted, reflashed, booted again, displays EA!
Cleared all history and cache
Mozilla Firefox 68
no change!
Same EA displayed
Can I run a shell command to see if changed or not?
Should I use Firmware Restoration method again?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!