Hi,
Aim of this project is to provide SW and support for the following models:
  • DSL-AC68U
  • DSL-AX82U
  • RT-AX82U
  • TUF-AX5400
  • TUF-AX300
  • ZenWifi XT8
This is an official Merlin fork and it's supported by @RMerlin and Asus.
Code and more info are available here.

For support please use one of the following ones:
- PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD -

Last edited:

JGrana

Very Senior Member
As a reminder to anyone wanting to donate to @GNUton for his work, his link can be found on another sticky located in the Asuswrt-Merlins Addons section

Harryerone

New Around Here
Hello GNUton,

I had a Problem with the Unstable: 388.1_0-gnuton0_beta2 Firmware for the Asus Tuf AX5400, if i changed anything the LED Light is going on.
If i Turn LED switch on and then off the Light is off, but if i changed anything again, the Light is on.

1672352201162.png

SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

Part of the Furniture
Hello GNUton,

I had a Problem with the Unstable: 388.1_0-gnuton0_beta2 Firmware for the Asus Tuf AX5400, if i changed anything the LED Light is going on.
If i Turn LED switch on and then off the Light is off, but if i changed anything again, the Light is on.

View attachment 46747
That brings a new meaning to night light. Need extra light at night? Just quickly update your router settings and the lights come on! @Tech9 this has to be a new Asuswrt feature. Does it do this for you on stock firmware too?

Tech9

Part of the Furniture
@Tech9 this has to be a new Asuswrt feature.

No kidding. I test the LEDs on/off every time because on one of the firmware releases the LEDs were turning off, but never coming back on. I remember most of the bugs I've seen before and do target testing first. Unfortunately, on every release one thing is fixed and another is broken. The latest AX86U stock firmware is no exception. I start to understand better why folks are so impatient for firmware updates - there is always a hope for fix coming. :confused: