What's new

FreshJR file downloads are being wrongly classified as web surfing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mohammad Wahiduzzaman

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

i am using merlin version 384.17 with freshjr script on the RT-AC88U.
the issue I am having is downloading files through FDM (free download manager) is being classified as "web surfing" ( sometimes net control packets).its totally messing up the QOS. i want it to be classified as "file transferring" so I can serf web while downloading files. any way to do it?

more info:
1.on the bandwidth monitor its being called "http protocol over TLS SSL" if it helps.
2. I added a custom rules where I classified mark- 13005E as "file downloads which classified fdm download as file download. but it also moved most web activity to file download class. so I had to delete that rule

Attachments

• network.jpg
    network.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 245
Hi,

i am using merlin version 384.17 with freshjr script on the RT-AC88U.
the issue I am having is downloading files through FDM (free download manager) is being classified as "web surfing" ( sometimes net control packets).its totally messing up the QOS. i want it to be classified as "file transferring" so I can serf web while downloading files. any way to do it?

more info:
1.on the bandwidth monitor its being called "http protocol over TLS SSL" if it helps.
2. I added a custom rules where I classified mark- 13005E as "file downloads which classified fdm download as file download. but it also moved most web activity to file download class. so I had to delete that rule
Alot of content gets put into the HTTP over TLS SSL so forcing it using one method or another are limited. Can you tell what ports that program is using to download? Is there one unit that strictly downloads and nothing else? Outside of forcing the device IP, Port, or changing current Mark/Class you don't have much left.

Edit: Looks like the base set of Rules has HTTP Protocol over TLS SSL+Misc set as Web Surfing as well as TLS SSL Connections + Misc.

Can you tell what ports that program is using to download?
the app is using remote port: 443 and local port: 60xxx-61xxx (tcp). local port is changing all the time
I am trying to give FDM fixed tcp port (range 12000-13000) from windows so i can create a rule for it but for some reason it still using the older ports

the app is using remote port: 443 and local port: 60xxx-61xxx (tcp). local port is changing all the time
I am trying to give FDM fixed tcp port (range 12000-13000) from windows so i can create a rule for it but for some reason it still using the older ports
If it is active you may have to stop the download and reload the program before you see it change over.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!