What's new

Getting Modem Stats

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I do not understand why you are doing any of this. With the Vigor 130 and your router you can see the modem stats without any fiddling or coding required.

Simply type 192.168.2.1 into a browser and log in to the modem GUI. The web console gives you everything you need.
Hi AndreiV the response i get from the address is.....
The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.2.1 is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Have you entered the command into the shell via telnet/ssh to create the sub interface?

If yes can you ping the modem from the router via telnet/ssh?

ok im probably making this much harder than it needs to be,im a complete newbe , had loads of different advice,,on how to access the modem thats worked for other members,,if there's an easy way to achieve this id be more than happy,so my setup is
sky fibre,
vigor 130 in bridge mode DHCP off set to 2.1
connected to asus ac87u Merlin through wan port,
router set to automatic ip.1.1
DHCP enabled on router
ip pool start 1.2 ends .254
subnet mask is the same on both

If anyone has the time to give me a step by step or let me no were iv gone wrong,id be very grateful

ok im probably making this much harder than it needs to be,im a complete newbe , had loads of different advice,,on how to access the modem thats worked for other members,,if there's an easy way to achieve this id be more than happy,so my setup is
sky fibre,
vigor 130 in bridge mode DHCP off set to 2.1
connected to asus ac87u Merlin through wan port,
router set to automatic ip.1.1
DHCP enabled on router
ip pool start 1.2 ends .254
subnet mask is the same on both

If anyone has the time to give me a step by step or let me no were iv gone wrong,id be very grateful
So you are saying that modem is 192.168.2.1 and router is 192.168.1.1?
If so this is similar to the configuration I use at the moment. My modem is 192.168.1.1, router is 192.168.2.1.
To be able to access my modem from network I had to change subnet mask to 255.255.0.0 on both devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have the exactly the same setup as you; follow my steps and it should work for you.

Sky fibre works differently from BT etc. And requires a sub interface to be setup.

Have you entered the command into the shell via telnet/ssh to create the sub interface?

If yes can you ping the modem from the router via telnet/ssh?
jp i i created a file in jffs/scripts named services-start,then entered the following

#!/bin/sh

ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.2.2

as advised by shonk this seamed to work for him

So you are saying that modem is 192.168.2.1 and router is 192.168.1.1?
If so this is similar to the configuration I use at the moment. My modem is 192.168.1.1, router is 192.168.2.1.
To be able to access my modem from network I had to change subnet mask to 255.255.0.0 on both devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
steve ,,so the only thing i need to do is change the subnet to 255.255.0.0 on modem and router

Hi,

I have the exactly the same setup as you; follow my steps and it should work for you.

Sky fibre works differently from BT etc. And requires a sub interface to be setup.
jp is this the subnet i need to change as steve said 255.255.0.0..???

I had to add the sub-interface to access the modem web pages, possibly because it's running in bridged mode.

Does running the ifconfig command allow access to the vigor webpage on 192.168.2.1?
One last thing, I put the sub interface command into the wan start script.
could you tell me how to do this jp..
ifconfig returns..error fetching interface information device not found

My wan-start script is as follows

#!/bin/sh
ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.2.2 netmask 255.255.255.0

Try the ifconfig command directly in the command line and see if you can ping 192.168.2.1 from the command line of the router.

so telnet into router cd /jffs/scripts
vi wan-start i to enter text then
esc :wq
does this song right

no it does NOT go in the file
those are two (actually three) separate commands, you shouldn't put them together
Code:
cd / jffs/scripts
chmod 755 wan-start
./wan-start

no it does NOT go in the file
those are two (actually three) separate commands, you shouldn't put them together
Code:
cd / jffs/scripts
chmod 755 wan-start
./wan-start
sorry i dont really understand,, done the first went to jffs/scripts typed chmod 755 wan-start then hit enter so whats next.. then i restarted the router

ok step closer i can now see 192.168.2.2 address in ifconfig, still wont let me get the modem page in the browser

ok step closer i can now see 192.168.2.2 address in ifconfig, still wont let me get the modem page in the browser

what is IP address of your modem ? I guess you have wrong IP range
when you connect your computer directly to modem and setup static IP, can you ping your modem, and open web interface ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!