What's new

GT-AX6000 VPN Fusion routing "issue"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohntheDude

New Around Here
Hello,

I recently got an AX6000. It has a ton of features and speed is great.
I saw that it has a feature that you can enable VPN and have some devices to use the VPN while other use the normal Internet connection.
The problem I have is that as soon as I enable the VPN profile, "assign to all devices" is disabled , and I also assigned one of the Guest WiFi to use, my laptop is using the VPN connection instead of the normal one.
My understanding is that since the ISP is set as primary, and since the profile is assigned to a Guest WiFi network, only if I connect to that wifi I should be routed to the VPN profile. If I use the "normal" WiFi I should be routed through the normal ISP.
Is my understanding incorrect or is there some other configuration that I need to do? The documentation does not have anything else.

Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.388_23285
the vpn is Nord openvpn

Thanks

Welcome to the forums @JohntheDude.

You may want to consider using RMerlin firmware for your router. Many people are available and willing to help you out in the RMerlin part of these forums.

Flash the firmware you want to use (388.2_2 today). Fully reset the router. Perform a minimal and manual configuration to secure your router and connect to your ISP. Do not import any previously saved backup config files. Remove any USB devices from the router while doing the above and do not insert them until your testing is complete.

thank you for the welcome and happy to be here @L&LD
I will wait to try this on the weekend when I will have more time to fiddle with and won't have to be pressed with work.
I just find it really weird that it was not working as expected, or at least to my understanding.
Thanks for the response

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!