What's new

Help in deciding what to purchase.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SLR2009

New Around Here
Hi I currently have a Linksys WRT54G router. Upstairs I have 2 computer's which are both using a Linksys Wireless G adapter to connect to the internet. Both PC's are running Windows.

I will be receiving a Mac Pro computer on the 27th of March. In the process I would like to upgrade my router as well as the network adapters for faster speed. But first I need to know if I'm making the right purchase.

I was thinking of purchasing a Time Capsule to use as my router. I also have the option of getting an Airport Extreme or I could just upgrade to a newer Linksys Wireless N Router. If I purchased a Time Capsule then what wireless adapters would i need for my 2 computers upstairs to access the internet? Any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
You can continue to use your existing 802.11g adapters with a draft 11n router. But to get a speed increase, you'll need draft 11n adapters.

Linksys WPC600N Dual-band Notebook (CardBus) card or Netgear WNDA3100 dual-band USB.

It would. But a USB adapter would get the antennas up from behind the box and let you move the adapter around to tweak signal level.

Netgear WNDA3100 dual-band USB adapter

Hi Tim,
Would you recommend this adapter? I didn't find a review on SNB, but I saw a lot of unhappy reviewers on Amazon.com, leading me to think this has to be a terrible dual-band adapter.

The original Rev A was fine. Don't know about the latest rev.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!