What's new

help trouble shooting 3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cino72

New Around Here
I have the Asus gt-ax11000 (primary) and a 3100 in a mesh setup. I use ethernet back haul and i think power went out today regardless node was offline. steps i have taken never know if its enough info or not
so..
wan is red
hold reset for mesh setup notice red light on wan still
use restoration tool to the latest asus firmware gui looks ok log looks ok still have red light
hold reset and search for node again it finds but cant add it
hold reset again
boots but red wan again
start node search it finds it i think it rebooted i only see power light then few seconds later i see wifi lights on keep watching power light flashes 3 times it adds node successfully but then i think it rebooted only power light on and node is offline few seconds later pwr wifi and wan(red) on AX11000 shows node off line
I hit power button to turn 3100 off then power back on
it comes back up wan is red still
i went ahead and connected the back haul to wan port but still red i happen to notice on the AX aimesh Node: is changing from 1 to 0 but node is still offline
im not sure what to look for or try from this point

this router may have had tomato on it at one time but has been running latest stock firmware for few months

**this maybe relevant when it reboots in the middle of mesh set up about 50% it comes back with wan white and stays white then maybe 80% it reboots again wan comes back white wifi lights come on white then wan goes red and stays

just realized this post prob needs moved

Last edited:
reset everything (both routers) to factory defaults and try again (dont upload saved config files).

reset everything (both routers) to factory defaults and try again (dont upload saved config files).

Thanks that fixed it I was really trying not to reset the primary i have more than i like port trigger and forward setup that i was trying to not have to redo.
how bad would it be if i exported the current working cfg and added back some statics ip's and port configs into it then imported that back to the router

you can try with safed working config on master router, but if it doesnt solve your issues there wont be another way than reset to defaults and do it manually again.
Nodes can easily be reset and joined again, so they are not the problem.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!