What's new

How to change region on ac87u?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xxxGODxxx

New Around Here
My wifi network is frequently subject to interferences from the umpteen other wifi networks of my neighboors so I want to set the 2.4ghz band to channel 14, but I read that in order to do so the router's region must be set to Japan. I have tried the following commands but they don't seem to work

nvram set wl0_country=JP
wl country JP
nvram set wl0_channel=14
nvram commit
reboot

Can someone tell me how to do this? I have tried reading a many other forum posts but I can't seem to find any forum which can provide me a solution - none of the suggested commands work

You can't. The region is now hardcoded in the bootloader, for legal reasons.

My wifi network is frequently subject to interferences from the umpteen other wifi networks of my neighboors so I want to set the 2.4ghz band to channel 14, but I read that in order to do so the router's region must be set to Japan. I have tried the following commands but they don't seem to work

nvram set wl0_country=JP
wl country JP
nvram set wl0_channel=14
nvram commit
reboot

Can someone tell me how to do this? I have tried reading a many other forum posts but I can't seem to find any forum which can provide me a solution - none of the suggested commands work

If you don't live in Japan, then don't even try - in the US (and most of world), WiFi CH 14 sits right in the middle of a commercial satellite telephony band..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!