What's new

Solved Infos about fixed Issues with chromecast on shield and homekit (bonjour and mdns)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Memzila

New Around Here
I want to share info about issues i could recently solve.

I haven‘t seen my via ethernet attached shield as a chromecast target any more. I found out that I had to disable „Enable IGMP Snooping“ under wireless professional and the shield has shown up again.

The other issue I could solve was about my via ethernet connected apple tv not working as home hub (not responding) and the remote app on iphone could not control it.
The issue here was, that mdns communication was blocked. But that was not related to the router, but to my managed D-Link Switch. I have found out that one of the DoS Attack Prevention Options caused the issue.
I had to disable the Option „Blat Attack“ and mdns has started working again.

Probably that info helps other with similar problems.

Welcome to the forums @Memzila.

Great way to join a forum by sharing from post 1. :)

Thanks L&LD

As it is not directly related with other infos I have found when I was looking to solve the issues, I though it could someone help to find the right direction.

As additional info. A good App for troubleshooting the mdns issue was in my case the App discovery. https://apps.apple.com/ch/app/discovery-dns-sd-browser/id305441017

When I have seen there the apple tv as target for airplay and as sleep proxy, it had also worked in the apps home and remote on the iphone.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!