What's new

IPsec ac88u crashes 384.8 and 384.7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

akb

I started to notice lately that my IPsec would not work. When I go to my router and click the VPN tab to configure the IPsec, the routers web GUI crashes and is not accessible again until I reboot the router. What is strange is if i visit the HTTPS page it works again up until i try to view the settings for the VPN, where it crashes. Did anyone run into this? I feel like the issue started to happen after i enabled the ssl certificate for ddns.

Bumping for any troublehshooting help, no logs of it crashing. Is there a terminal command to reset IPSec server?

Turn on the browser console (F12), then try and bring up the page. Post any errors....

Reporting back that no console errors happen when the IPsec crashes. The second I go to the VPN Server Tab on the VPN page the web gui dies. I disabled IPsec and enabled OpenVPN and have no issues. My problem is I want to use IPsec as more clients support it / do not need additional software like OpenVPN does.

I have exacly the same bug with my RT-AC5300 with latest official asus firmware. When I connect my iphone to ipsec server I lost the connection after some times. Then when I log in router GUI and go on ipsec tab, all GUI freeze and I need reboot the router.
Have you found a patch?

I was having the same problem on my RT-AC88U. I was able to recover from it by logging directly into the router via SSH and running /usr/sbin/ipsec restart. This allowed me to reconnect via my IPSec as well as stopped the Web GUI from crashing every time I accessed the IPSec VPN configuration page. I'm sure this isn't a long-term solution, but it at least allows me to recover from the error without rebooting my router.

I was having the same problem on my RT-AC88U. I was able to recover from it by logging directly into the router via SSH and running /usr/sbin/ipsec restart. This allowed me to reconnect via my IPSec as well as stopped the Web GUI from crashing every time I accessed the IPSec VPN configuration page. I'm sure this isn't a long-term solution, but it at least allows me to recover from the error without rebooting my router.
Nice find, might be able to make a cronjob that restarts it every X time as a "long-er" fix