What's new

Convert AC88U to AP-only

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CntrlAltDel

Occasional Visitor
Hi there, I have an old Asus RT-AC88U that I would like to only behave like a wireless/ethernet AP with a router connected to it. How would I configured Merlin to disable all WAN related functionality?

Hi there, I have an old Asus RT-AC88U that I would like to only behave like a wireless/ethernet AP with a router connected to it. How would I configured Merlin to disable all WAN related functionality?
Administration -> Operation Mode -> AP?

If you configure the AC88U for Repeater Mode, if will share some of its WiFi for its wireless backhaul to a main router WLAN.

If you configure the AC88U for AP Mode, all of its WiFi is available for client connections for best performance, and you must wire its backhaul from the AP WAN to the main router LAN.

Using ASUS wireless/wired AiMesh sort of does the same thing... wired is best.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!