What's new

mailing list for firmware update notifications?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Regular Contributor
does such a thing exist? i'm aware that there are some scripts which can be run on the router which check for firmware updates and send emails but that's less than optimal for the average user.

if i register my devices with asus will i get notifications via email?

thanks

Last edited:
You didn't mention your router model but if it is supported by RMerlin the notification light on the gui will flash when a new version of his firmware is available but you would need to be running his firmware for this to work. Don't believe it is supported in stock Asus firmware.

Last edited:
i have two rt-ac5300s but this was more of a generic question since i also have extenders which i use in media bridge mode. personally i'd much rather prefer a notification via e-mail rather than having to check all the time. i can't imagine i'm the only person.

I agree. I would like to receive an email notification when a new stable release is available but afaik that option is not available.

I don't use Diversion but I do use Merlin's firmware. It just dawned on me that I actually do get an email notification. I get a daily email from SNB with yesterday's new topics and when Merlin releases a new version of his firmware there's always a post notifying everyone that it is available. Didn't think of that earlier.:(

sorry, i should have been more specific. i was hoping that maybe there was some sort of 'official' mailing list or notification system for the stock firmware. in the absence of the possibility to configure automatic updates (don't want to start a debate about automatic updates, i'm aware there are pros and cons) it's kind of important in this day and age.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!