What's new

Mount /mnt to /jffs >> HELP<<

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

octopus

Part of the Furniture
Mount /mnt to /jffs >> SOLVED<<

I trying to mount /jffs to /mnt
In vsftpd I have a directory /jffs r/w that I would mount to "real" /jffs
/mnt/rt-ac68u/jffs to /jffs

Trying to use:
mount --bind olddir newdir
mount -- bind /mnt/rt-ac68u/jffs /jffs
Maby olddir newdir confuse me!?
After this call the same contents is accessible in two places, and that is preferred.

But can't get that to work. when I make a symlink inside /mnt/rt-ac68u/jffs then I get to /jffs with all directorys and files.

EDIT: When change, olddir newdir to, mount --bind /jffs /mnt/rt-ac68u/jffs it's start to work.
And use post-mount to store script and chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/post-mount

Need some advice here!

octopus

Last edited:
Symlinks can also link to directories. If you do an ls dash ell (stupid Cloudflare), you will see symlinks for various directories.

Symlinks can also link to directories. If you do an ls dash ell (stupid Cloudflare), you will see symlinks for various directories.

Okey, I have tested alot of commands and this was first working.

This was one thing I tested, could not get that working. Can I have a little hint here?
ln -s /jffs /mnt/rt-ac68u/jffs

ls /
asus_jffs dev lib opt sbin usr
bin etc media proc sys var
cifs1 home mmc rom sysroot www
cifs2 jffs mnt root tmp

Last edited:
Okey, I have tested alot of commands and this was first working.

This was one thing I tested, could not get that working. Can I have a little hint here?
ln -s /jffs /mnt/rt-ac68u/jffs

Is rt-ac78u a directory or a mounted disk? If it's a disk, then it probably won't work - cross-device links are usually unsupported, for security reasons. This is at least the case with Samba, which disables wide links support by default.

Also don't forget that all of /mnt will disappear after a reboot.

Is rt-ac78u a directory or a mounted disk? If it's a disk, then it probably won't work - cross-device links are usually unsupported, for security reasons. This is at least the case with Samba, which disables wide links support by default.

Also don't forget that all of /mnt will disappear after a reboot.

/mnt/rt-ac68u/jffs is a folder on mounted mnt on my usb2 usbdisk.
/jffs is "real" with script, config, syslog and traffic.db

On Samba this working I have setup smb.conf.add to point share to /jffs and I don't use wide links.
This is from vsftpd and I can't point to /jffs. Therefor I make a folder /mnt/rt-ac68u/jffs and trying to point to "real" /jffs.

octopus

As /mnt is a symlink from /tmp/mnt use this

mount /jffs /tmp/mnt/rt-ac68u/jffs

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!