What's new

[News] 7th year anniversary, and Project of the Month at SF.net

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Howdy folks,

First of all, happy 7th anniversary to all of us!

Code:
3.0.0.3.108.1 (5-Apr-2012):
   - Initial release.

How things have changed since then... :)

Also, Asuswrt-Merlin has been nominated as Community Project of the Month at Sourceforge (which is our primary download site):

https://sourceforge.net/blog/april-2019-community-choice-project-month-asuswrt-merlin/

Congratulations to all of us! The community is a very important part of this project.

I will say more seriously that I really appreciate the intelligent, cooperative and helpful nature of this community. This is where all the smart people hang out, and it’s amazing to know that any problem can be wrestled to the ground with all the great minds here.

Well done, @RMerlin and all of your supporters!

Congrats @RMerlin on such a great accomplishment! I used to have other routers with firmware I shall not name and I will say this community is a blessing to those of us with out all the technical know how. Watching all of you communicate and fix items through message boards that huge corporations can't fix without weekly meetings has me in awe of all of you! Congrats again!

Last edited:
I contend that ASUS' reputation in the router community is greatly strengthened by Merlin's FW. I hope that ASUS is at least strongly appreciative of your efforts. And certainly your FW has been of great value to many ASUS router users. It really sets ASUS routers apart from everything else out there.

Last edited:
I contend that ASUS' reputation in the router community is greatly strengthened by Merlin's FW.

As I mentioned in the interview, it goes both ways. Asus are also being very collaborative, which helps this project thrive. Something some of their competitors need to embrace...

I was thinking only yesterday, when looking at how much AMTM has flourished, just what a chain reaction Metlin set off and also how the forum is far, far more than a mere collection of topics on a common theme. Community Project of the Decade would be a far more fitting nomination.

I hope Asus appreciates that, for many people, there are only 2 considerations that lead to the purchase of one of their routers: Merlin’s firmware and the supporting forum.

Thank you, Merlin.

Thank you Eric for creating this incredible project and maintaining it for so many years. I can only say that thanks to you, Tim and the amazing community, my last three router purchases wouldn't have been Asus. :cool:

Long live Eric!

As I mentioned in the interview, it goes both ways. Asus are also being very collaborative, which helps this project thrive. Something some of their competitors need to embrace...
Eric, I don't know how you manage to cope with the repeated requests for features that are beyond your control, impatience of users who want you to drop everything else to answer a question you have answered dozens of times before, and the general rudeness of some posts. A round of applause for RMerlin!

Eric, I don't know how you manage to cope with the repeated requests for features that are beyond your control, impatience of users who want you to drop everything else to answer a question you have answered dozens of times before, and the general rudeness of some posts. A round of applause for RMerlin!

I learned to use the Delete button and not to feel bad about it.

Time for another prank, the first of April is over. Just make it subtle so the humorless users won't notice and complain.

Time for another prank, the first of April is over. Just make it subtle so the humorless users won't notice and complain.

I wanted to repackage the original one into an easy-to-install patch so people could prank themselves, but couldn't fine the time to do so :(

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!