What's new

QOS speed limited to 115Mb/s

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

6wall

New Around Here
Regardless if I do Traditional QoS or Bandwidth Limiter I get the same result on dslreports or speedtest.

I have a 200/20 pipe that tests at 240/23 and I'm trying to limit to 215/20.

But this setting seems to be capped at around 100Mb/s.

RT-AC66U
380.69_2
This has been an issue in at last the past 3 versions that I have tried.

That number looks oddly close to 100 Mbps. Make sure the link between the router and the modem is at 1 Gbps and not 100 Mbps (can be checked on the Tools -> Sysinfo page). If in doubt, replace the Ethernet cable.

That number looks oddly close to 100 Mbps. Make sure the link between the router and the modem is at 1 Gbps and not 100 Mbps (can be checked on the Tools -> Sysinfo page). If in doubt, replace the Ethernet cable.
RT-AC66U
380.69_2
This has been an issue in at last the past 3 versions that I have tried.
the AC66U has a single core 600Mhz 24Kc MIPS CPU capable of software NAT + QoS + Firewall speeds of 100Mb/s and a very heavy config (for bank use) of 30Mb/s. This is taken from real world performance setups and my own experience as well.

the AC66U has a single core 600Mhz 24Kc MIPS CPU capable of software NAT + QoS + Firewall speeds of 100Mb/s and a very heavy config (for bank use) of 30Mb/s. This is taken from real world performance setups and my own experience as well.

I've seen that model reach 150-175 Mbps in the past when CTF was disabled, that's why I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that the issue is the WAN port being only set to 100 Mbps.

I've seen that model reach 150-175 Mbps in the past when CTF was disabled, that's why I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that the issue is the WAN port being only set to 100 Mbps.
highly depends on configuration, the OP managed 115 Mb/s which is already above the 100Mb/s ethernet limit. Typical throughput around 100mb/s with a lean config around 300Mb/s.