What's new

QoS WAN packet overhead explanation requested

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WillyTP

Regular Contributor
Hello everybody!

Is there a guide explaining "WAN packet overhead" parameter under Adaptive QoS -> QoS menù?

For example, my configuration is the following:
I use my ISP modem/router just to connect to the Internet, via IPoE I suppose (I've a FTTC, VDSL connection with Fastweb ISP).
Connected to it, I've an AC68U which I effetively use for my network.

Therefore, should I choose from the list "Bridged/IPoE VDSL"? ATM flag yes/not/why?
Or should I not choose anything since the connection is made from the ISP modem / router and not from AC68U?

I hope to have been enough clear.

Best regards!

Hello everybody!

Is there a guide explaining "WAN packet overhead" parameter under Adaptive QoS -> QoS menù?

I use my ISP modem/router just to connect to the Internet, via IPoE I suppose (I've a FTTC, VDSL connection with Fastweb ISP).

Therefore, should I choose from the list "Bridged/IPoE VDSL"? ATM flag yes/not/why?
Or should I not choose anything since the connection is made from the ISP modem / router and not from AC68U?

Best regards!

That part of the decision isn't the important one. The important ones are the correct (for your ISP) upload and download speeds instead.

Leave those blank and concentrate on those numbers instead (and make sure you don't put upload speeds in the download field). ;)

Hello everybody!

Best regards!
Atm is for ADSL, use VDSL ipoe setting.