What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No issue here , I don't see anyone else with a problem like that.
Try a factory default reset and see what happens then.
Dang. I was hoping this was a common bug. Was hoping to avoid that.

Thanks for providing absolutely no information on your router model, client devices, Wi-Fi bands/channels or whether this had previously worked with your 1Gbps line.:rolleyes:
You're most welcome! :D
Router: Asus RT-AC5300
Client Devices (Not really relevant but): Desktop 1Gbps Realtek NIC (reaches close to 1 Gbps on local network transfers), Samsung S7 Edge (works fine on other routers in other homes, reaches up to 9xxMbps there; rating via speedtest.net app)
WiFi bands/channels (Could have been assumed but): 5GHz / both Low Band and High Band / 40MHz and 80MHz
Whether this had previously worked with your 1Gbps line: No. It's new. I said that. But I guess I could've been clearer
CTF: Set to auto and the status reads as enabled. Just so we're clear :p

Gonna factory reset and try again.

Last edited:
Dang. I was hoping this was a common bug. Was hoping to avoid that.
Gonna factory reset and try again.

Seems to have resolved itself somewhat. From much earlier builds, when doing speed tests internally, the CPU usage would usually hover somewhere around 25-60%. Guess when it goes out through the WAN it needs more power for the NAT?

Attachments

• abc124.png
    abc124.png
    17 KB · Views: 707
  • abc123.png
    abc123.png
    180.9 KB · Views: 641
GUI glitch: in the traffic monitor, when I choose Per Device -> Real Time from the drop-down menu, it does display the per-device real-time data on the page, but the checkmark in the menu is on Global -> Real Time rather than on Per Device -> Real Time.

RT-N66U, 380.68, build Fri Aug 18 21:38:40 UTC 2017 merlin@c46c964

GUI glitch: in the traffic monitor, when I choose Per Device -> Real Time from the drop-down menu, it does display the per-device real-time data on the page, but the checkmark in the menu is on Global -> Real Time rather than on Per Device -> Real Time.

This looks like a browser issue, because I just checked the source code, and it's correctly setting Per Device - Realtime as enabled, and it also shows the correct entry for me both on Chrome and Firefox.

View attachment 10371
I think transmission & reception are flipped flopped on the traffic monitor.
Rt-ac87
I believe:
Reception should be incoming internet packets
Transmission should be outgoing internet packets

Works correctly for me. Try disabling NAT acceleration, then observe if new data is correctly populated.

Sorting by "Time Left" in System Log - DHCP leases doesn't look right.

Attachments

• DHCP_list.png
    DHCP_list.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
Sorting by "Time Left" in System Log - DHCP leases doesn't look right.

I just checked this and it looks fine to me.

Granted I don't have any many devices as you do in DHCP mode as all my wired devices use static IP's.

I just checked this and it looks fine to me.

Granted I don't have any many devices as you do in DHCP mode as all my wired devices use static IP's.

It seems to be an issue when there's a mix of one digit and two digit entries in the list.

The sorting is alphabetical, so in the top red rectangle, 2 is greater than 14. Same for bottom example, 3 is greater than 23 eventhough it should be the other way around.

Perhaps adding a trailing zero would help?

Adding a zero would definitely improve the formatting and make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Attachments

• DHCP_list_2.png
    DHCP_list_2.png
    203 KB · Views: 735
Last edited:
This looks like a browser issue, because I just checked the source code, and it's correctly setting Per Device - Realtime as enabled, and it also shows the correct entry for me both on Chrome and Firefox.
Weird, it shows the wrong selection for me in every browser I tried: FireFox, Chrome, OmniWeb and Safari. I'll append a picture taken when using Chrome.

BTW when I am in that state, it still shows the wrong selection after refreshing the page. But if I choose Per Device - Realtime a second time, it then shows the right selection. But if I then refresh the page again, it then shows the wrong selection again.

This doesn't happen with the Daily or Monthly choices. Also I've tried switching to French and it happens there too (temps réel). Finally, when the wrong menu item is checked, if I click on it I remain on the per-device Real-time page; it does not switch to Global Real-time.

Merlin.png

Hi,

I am constantly seeing this exclamation point next to my DDNS: info (Network Map page). I don't remember seeing it on my old RT-AC68U, except for when Asus DDNS was down.

There are two scenarios I am seeing in this UI. One is when I hover over that exclamation point to see what does it say, and there is an empty floating box (like in my screenshot), and the other one is when I hover, sometimes it just gives me a message DDNS name is successfully registered or something along those lines. But even if it has to say that, not sure exclamation point icon is needed there. It looks more like an error alert or something.

I've tried hard resetting my router, but it's always the same. Is this GUI glitch?

Thanks!

1.jpg

380.68_2 is now available. This is a minor bugfix release. Changes since 380.68:

Code:
  - FIXED: Some models would show the wrong menu options while in
           Repeater mode.
  - FIXED: USB modem page not displayed if WAN type was set to USB.
  - FIXED: CVE-2017-12754 security issue.
  - FIXED: Incorrect LAN ports order on Networkmap (RT-AC3200)
           (Asus bug)
  - FIXED: Extra OpenVPN CA not properly handled for OpenVPN
           clients 3, 4 and 5.
  - FIXED: Invalid txrate shown on Wireless Client page if client
           isn't authenticated yet

The details:

Code:
e4e84b5 Updated documentation
518e3e9 httpd: properly set txrate as ?? on Wireless Log page if client isn't fully authenticated yes
51e9e0a Bumped revision to 380.68_2 and updated documentation
c7244e7 webui: fix handling of extra CA for clients 3 through 5
d85c78c build: fix depdency selection when building vsftpd
48280f5 httpd: fix crash if /proc/cpuinfo is missing the Processor line
266bc66 rc: fix bad code merge in init.c (code was in the wrong reset function)
b5fc01b rc: fix build failure in update_resolvconf() when building without OVPN
5dd82ae rc: remove duplicate stop_vpn_eas() call in stop_wan()
a147b2a webui: allow uppercase characters in hostname/domainname fields
42747bd rc: Invert LAN ports order in GetPhyStatus() for RT-AC3200 (used by Network Map status)
c1469dd webui: remove two stray html tags from Samba page
0cc7dee webui: make DHCP page more robust in case an old static entry had a single quote character
2e5268f httpd: fix potential buffer overrun if the provided var is longer than an actual mac address
5f1d6a3 webui: set Internet Connection tab as clicked when displaying the USB modem page
6ea7e54 webui: add missing Modem page to the WAN section when USB modem is enabled
763c08b webui: fix operational mode detection on some webui pages (backported detection code from GPL 382)
0c4fbe5 Bumped revision to 380.68_1

This has been happening for me for several revisions, all browsers.

Updated to 380.68.2 and what should have taken a few minutes ended up taking nearly an hour. The update was straightforward, but things after that went downhill.

I've started hard cycling my AC-88U after updating as I've found if I don't the router will die (require pulling the plug) after about a week. I did so and at that point lost IPv6. I rebooted my cable modem which didn't help. The only thing that worked was disabling IPv6 in the router and enabling it. Even that took several minutes after enabling and getting a IPv6 over DHCPV6 to actual start working. This also happened when I updated to 380.68, though in that case the router died when I tried to re-enable IPv6 forcing me to pull the plug.

I then noticed my Hue bridge's Internet light was still blinking. It seemed to have an Internet connection, but was complaining about something. I power cycled it and the light went solid.

At that point I discovered that my iPhone would not stay connected to my 5 Ghz network. I could connect it manually, but after a few minutes it would switch to the 2.4 Ghz one. I checked and for some reason my phone thought the 5 Ghz network was a hotspot which didn't make any sense since my iPad didn't have that problem. I ended up rebooting the iPhone, forgetting both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks and then rejoining in that order. That seems to have resolved that issue.

Everything seems fine now, but I've never had this many problems doing an update as I did today. I have no idea why.

Updated to 380.68.2 and what should have taken a few minutes ended up taking nearly an hour. The update was straightforward, but things after that went downhill.

I've started hard cycling my AC-88U after updating as I've found if I don't the router will die (require pulling the plug) after about a week. I did so and at that point lost IPv6. I rebooted my cable modem which didn't help. The only thing that worked was disabling IPv6 in the router and enabling it. Even that took several minutes after enabling and getting a IPv6 over DHCPV6 to actual start working. This also happened when I updated to 380.68, though in that case the router died when I tried to re-enable IPv6 forcing me to pull the plug.

I then noticed my Hue bridge's Internet light was still blinking. It seemed to have an Internet connection, but was complaining about something. I power cycled it and the light went solid.

At that point I discovered that my iPhone would not stay connected to my 5 Ghz network. I could connect it manually, but after a few minutes it would switch to the 2.4 Ghz one. I checked and for some reason my phone thought the 5 Ghz network was a hotspot which didn't make any sense since my iPad didn't have that problem. I ended up rebooting the iPhone, forgetting both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks and then rejoining in that order. That seems to have resolved that issue.

Everything seems fine now, but I've never had this many problems doing an update as I did today. I have no idea why.

Not sure when the last time you did a factory reset but maybe a good time to do so and start clean. After so many upgrades a refresh is all it takes to eliminate these anomalies from occuring.

Just installed 380.68_2 on my RT-AC66U. Updated just fine. But after the update the firmware version is still 380.68 is that correct? Previous version I installed always showed the _2 or _* version. Is there a way to check if the update was successfull?

Update: After 2 more attempts it now shows the right firmware version

Last edited:
Unfortunately I had to reboot the router today, because it was no longer providing internet access.

In fact the router (AC66U) itself was no longer reachable (wireless; already rebooted before trying wired).

Hello there.

Just flashed from 380.68 to 380.68_2 on my 2 RT-AC87U routers. My main router is in Wireless router mode (Default). The 2nd router is in Access Point(AP) mode.

I just noticed something that I didn't really notice before. On my main router, after I have configured some Manually Assigned IPs to MAC addresses in the DHCP server section of the LAN section, the Ethernet Ports chart on the Network Map is missing completely.

On my 2nd router is in Access Point(AP) mode the Ethernet Ports chart on the Network Map is there without issue.

Is this normal behaviour?

I have reset my routers to Factory Defaults and set up everything from scratch. Issue persists.

Once again, Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks guys!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!