What's new

Repeater Mode Channel Selection for 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Networks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anthony Smith

New Around Here
Hi Everyone,

I'm using a Asus RT-AC66R

I have a quick question regarding repeater mode:

After I've set up the two repeating networks:

SSID: test2.4g

SSID: test5.0g

When I try clicking the "2.4ghz" at the top of the page, the page keeps refreshing between Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp and apply.cgi. When clicking "test5.0g" the page shows the advanced wireless settings, but are never actually saved after I've pressed apply.

I wanted to change the channel modes of the repeated networks to a static channel but the settings keep getting reversed for the 5ghz network settings, and the page is inaccessible for the 2.4ghz because of the looped call of the .asp and .cgi.

Could anyone provide me with some guidance on this?

Much appreciated.

Thank you so much!

-Anthony

Hi Everyone,

I'm using a Asus RT-AC66R

I have a quick question regarding repeater mode:

After I've set up the two repeating networks:

SSID: test2.4g

SSID: test5.0g

When I try clicking the "2.4ghz" at the top of the page, the page keeps refreshing between Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp and apply.cgi. When clicking "test5.0g" the page shows the advanced wireless settings, but are never actually saved after I've pressed apply.

I wanted to change the channel modes of the repeated networks to a static channel but the settings keep getting reversed for the 5ghz network settings, and the page is inaccessible for the 2.4ghz because of the looped call of the .asp and .cgi.

Could anyone provide me with some guidance on this?

Much appreciated.

Thank you so much!

-Anthony

hi

being a "repeater" its repeats exactly what you are connecting to , so if the main transmission is on ch 6 then the repeater will also have to be on ch 6 , i think you would also use the same ssid names for the same reason

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!