What's new

Ring doorbell 2 not connecting to RT-AX86U router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

evansmb

New Around Here
I just got an ASUS RT-AX86U wireless router. I'm working on getting everything setup on it. I can't get my ring doorbell 2 to connect to this router. The doorbell was working fine with the other router. Last summer I helped a friend with a similar problem with his netgear router where the Garage door wouldn't connect, that issue ended up being a compatibility issue with AX wireless. After disabling the AX, it worked fine. I suspect my issue is probably the same, but I have yet to find the right options to disable to make it work. Would any one have have any better insight on this?

Ring 2 supports 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connection @ 2.4GHz

You’ll need to reset the doorbell with the orange button in the back then set it back up again.

I had the same issue and this fixed it.

I just got an ASUS RT-AX86U wireless router. I'm working on getting everything setup on it. I can't get my ring doorbell 2 to connect to this router. The doorbell was working fine with the other router. Last summer I helped a friend with a similar problem with his netgear router where the Garage door wouldn't connect, that issue ended up being a compatibility issue with AX wireless. After disabling the AX, it worked fine. I suspect my issue is probably the same, but I have yet to find the right options to disable to make it work. Would any one have have any better insight on this?
Not the same model, but an Asus AX. I own a TUF AX5400. It works fine with my Ring 2 (all AX features enabled).

Be aware that Ring products do not support WPA3, so if you're using that, it might be the cause (you would have to switch to WPA2 for the network you have your Ring device on).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!