What's new

Router Advice

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dazman

Occasional Visitor
Thoughts on ASUS ROG Gaming Wireless AX11000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Gaming Router (ROG GT-AX11000) vs the AX5700?

Without knowing anything about your environment, ISP speeds, LAN needs/layout, and the specific model numbers (AX5700 doesn't mean anything), there is little to share here.

What do you have? What do you expect with a new router? Again, be specific.

I have the ASUS Wireless AX5700 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX86U)
and it stopped working after 5 years. When I get home, in another week, I’ll try doing a factory reset because my wife said the red light is on and I unbridged the service provider’s modem and using that for now.

Currently, a wired computer, PS5 and security cameras. Multiple phones, iPads, doorbell, thermostat, smoke alarms and laptops.

Looking for consistent speeds as both are on sale. $250 for the AX5700 and the other router is $319 Canadian.

If you really need a new router (see the following link to try to get your router back), I wouldn't be looking at either of those models. The GT-AX6000 is the best bang for the buck today. And when on sale, it may be found for less than the prices you indicate.

BTW, the RT-AX86U isn't a five-year-old model (yet).

Your additional info still isn't enough info.

Unfortunately, this post was a last minute decision as I’m not home and flying at the moment with limited cell coverage.

And that mere $30 price difference over the GT-AX11000, per the information you've provided so far, is well worth it.

The RT-AX86U isn't worth buying today. It won't receive 3.0.0.6.xxx firmware (later this year), and it is outclassed by the GT-AX6000 on many levels.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!