What's new

router dimensions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Justinh

Can someone point me to where I can find the dimensions for the RT-AX86U Pro, GT-AX6000, and RT-AX88U Pro? The ASUS product pages don't have them.

All three of these are nearly the same price right now, so what I buy might come down to 'the best hardware for the space'.

Also, for the GT-AX6000, do the antennas have lights? Are they controllable? I don't want a pseudo alarm light in my room.

Last edited:
What you see as antenna is mostly non-functional gaming plastic. The actual antenna inside is a standard dipole about 5cm long. Most home routers have 2-3dBi antennas. That means mostly omnidirectional. That means mostly for show and demonstration of "power". People think bigger is better.

GT-AX6000 is very large unit 33 x 19 x 6 cm. Similar 30 x 19 x 6 cm is RT-AX88U Pro. For RT-AX86U Pro I find 24 x 16 x 8.0 cm. Dimensions must be without antennas (looking at my RT-AX86U, the same size as RT-AX86U Pro). With antennas attached it's about 30 cm tall. Much smaller footprint though.

Last edited:
Make the space for the RT-AX88U Pro. Forget the RT-AX86U pro.

I think the purple and green version of the GT-AX6000 has lights in the antennas...

I mildly agonized over the choice between GT-AX6000 and RT-AX88U Pro but the decision was made for me by $30 difference at the time. Near as I was able to discern, the 88 case is slightly narrower and slightly deeper (front to back), before sticking the antennas off the sides and back. One factor for which I favor the GT is its ethernet ports have the latch on top - making it easier for me to disengage the cables whenever the need arises.

The Rapture ROG GT-AX6000 has LEDs in the antennas and on the top of the case has a ROG emblem that lights up. All can be turned off if desired.

sam

The Rapture ROG GT-AX6000 has LEDs in the antennas

You must have some special edition router then. The ones I've seen had RGB ROG logo on top with red plastic accents on the antennas.

S__2752726.gif

Last edited:
The Rapture ROG GT-AX6000 has LEDs in the antennas and on the top of the case has a ROG emblem that lights up. All can be turned off if desired.

sam
Not the regular GT-AX6000. I believe they have a separate EVA edition that does.

Get EVA edition instead, feel the Gaming power:

1699311686232.png

That thing is often available as Open Box. Goes back 2x faster indeed.

If you don't need 2x 2.5GbE ports just get the more compact RT-AX86U Pro. It looks more like a router and less like a toy. The same toy inside.

Cues in the firmware seem to indicate the presence of LEDs in those antennas.

The GT-AX6000 is a model in the ROG lineup. Except for the garish antennas it actually looks good. The RGB is configurable including toggling off.

Cues in the firmware seem to indicate the presence of LEDs in those antennas.
That's because the regular and the EVA models run the same firmware. The presence of antenna LEDs will depend on whether you have the regular or the EVA variant.