What's new

Router with fine access controls

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

borgunit

New Around Here
Hi
I am looking for a router (wired only is fine) that has the ability to fine tune internet access. I would like a decently fast one (I have about 4-6 users) and I need to fine tune the access so I can block or police them. THis is actually a home but we do online schooling and the access is different for little kids and teenagers. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

B4 you purchase new equipment check OpenDNS. Setup an account with them and you can create content filtering. Be sure to direct DNS traffic to their DNS servers. Also best to create a rule in router to force DNS to OpenDNS servers. This stops people from working around OpenDNS and using other DNS servers.

Thanks
I am giving OpenDNS a try. Also, I still am in the market for a fast router. I see the ratings on the router chart. Since I have a separate wireless access point upstairs, I am not looking for wireless per se. I would like a reliable, fast, maybe small business style router. My old Linksys BFRxxx seems to be dropping connection more and more often now. My provider suggested I get a new router. Any other suggestion?