What's new

RT-AC5300 Has no AiMesh Capability

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Miguel Roberto Arenas

New Around Here
Hello,

Sorry for no config photos, but this thing is giving me major grief. The configuration of my network is:

Two RT-AC5300
One RT-AC68R

The one RT-AC5300 is the AiMesh primary node and the RT-AC68R a repeater. My issue is the other RT-AC5300 despite numerous config, back-levels and upgrades of firmware, show any AiMesh capabilities in configuration despite it having the December 2018 build of the 5149 firmware which is the latest to my knowledge. I cannot get this router to join the AiMesh network as a node as a result of this absence of configuration.

Additionally, despite reset after reset from both reset button and WPS button, I cannot access the Internet from this router if I remove the primary and try to promote this router to a single access point node as a non-AiMesh router. I show good line status for Internet, but at the workstations no Internet from the connections. Befuddling me in absolute fashion!

Has anyone experienced this same issue?

Last edited:
Hello,

Sorry for no config photos, but this thing is giving me major grief. The configuration of my network is:

Two RT-AC5300
One RT-AC68R

The one RT-AC5300 is the AiMesh primary node and the RT-AC68R a repeater. My issue is the other RT-AC5300 despite numerous config, back-levels and upgrades of firmware, show any AiMesh capabilities in configuration despite it having the December 2018 build of the 5149 firmware which is the latest to my knowledge. I cannot get this router to join the AiMesh network as a node as a result of this absence of configuration.

Additionally, despite reset after reset from both reset button and WPS button, I cannot access the Internet from this router if I remove the primary and try to promote this router to a single access point node as a non-AiMesh router. I show good line status for Internet, but at the workstations no Internet from the connections. Befuddling me in absolute fashion!

Has anyone experienced this same issue?

Other instances of no visible AiMesh suppport in a router have indicated some sort of hardware fault that denies AiMesh a required resource... such as a WiFi radio fault.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!