What's new

RT-AC58U/RT-ACRH-13 managing SAMBA without Guest Login

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

magrody

New Around Here
hello,
i am trying to gain ownership of usb 3.0 HDD connected to my ASUS router
from my windows PC so I can be able to have access to the whole drive not just certain folders
and without Guest login for obvious security reasons
what i learned from another thread is that i should create a new account on the router with the same user/pass as my admin account on windows.
but this didn't work
can someone guide me through this please?

USB sharing only allows you to access folders, you cannot share the root of the drive.

2018-02-17.png
thanks for the answer
I tried using guest login and it gave me access to whole partition check the attachment and tell me if there is somethin i got wrong
s!AqkfEEk5PBSChcVCJTGXqqxf3SyWag

Last edited:
I tried using guest login and it gave me access to whole partition check the attachment and tell me if there is somethin i got wrong

No, that's actually how it's implemented. Guest sharing shares the root of the disk (since permissions are pretty much ignored). Secured/authenticated sharing shares folders, because it's the only way to have different permissions to different folders. You said you didn't want to use Guest sharing, that's why my answer was specifically for user-based authentication.

thanks for clarifying that
i will resort to making single folder in each drive with everything in it
or maybe enabling guest login when it is most needed
thanks again

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!