What's new

RT-AC66U Port forwarding broken

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chris123

New Around Here
I'm trying to configure my new AC-66u to forward ports for a teamspeak 3 server configured on my lan. My teamspeak server needs UDP 9987, TCP 10011 and TCP 30033.

I have updated the router to the newest ASUS firmware, disabled the firewall, hw acceleration and upnp services. I have reset the device back to defaults and reconfigured once again using IE instead of FF but still I cannot see the ports open using any online port scanners. I've used a few different online port scanners and the teamspeak client program. None can connect.

Lastly I have installed Merlins latest firmware and the problem remains. When I enable the firewall and attempt to connect I am seeing the packets in the log showing the right LAN address and port.

I'm starting to feel like the device is defective. Is there any additional troubleshooting that I can do help me determine if the router is bad?

ac66u_PF.jpg

lr3o584z9

Thanks
Chris

Last edited:
Your settings look correct to me. Have you tried looking in the logs to see if the AC is actively blocking it or not?

I'm trying to configure my new AC-66u to forward ports for a teamspeak 3 server configured on my lan. My teamspeak server needs UDP 9987, TCP 10011 and TCP 30033.

I have updated the router to the newest ASUS firmware, disabled the firewall, hw acceleration and upnp services. I have reset the device back to defaults and reconfigured once again using IE instead of FF but still I cannot see the ports open using any online port scanners. I've used a few different online port scanners and the teamspeak client program. None can connect.

Lastly I have installed Merlins latest firmware and the problem remains. When I enable the firewall and attempt to connect I am seeing the packets in the log showing the right LAN address and port.

I'm starting to feel like the device is defective. Is there any additional troubleshooting that I can do help me determine if the router is bad?

Thanks
Chris

Don't set the local port option...you are supposed to leave it blank...

I have never filled in that field and all my port forwards for my WinServer 2012 system (which does have a TS server)work fine. The little help balloon that pops up states for that field:"Leave this field blank if you want the incoming packets to be redirected to this port."

Also, try setting the protocol to Both.

No need to disable HW Accl and Upnp...those are good to have on.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!