What's new

RT-AC68U - 3.82.2 beta2 bug report (minor)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ForkWNY

Just a minor issue I've noticed on 3.82.2 beta 2 - when overclocking the router, the nvram clkfreq is reset to default after a reboot. Follow these steps to verify the issue:

1. open up a SSH session to the router and login
2. Run "nvram get clkfreq" the verify cpu frequency of 800 Mhz
3. "set nvram clkfreq=1000,800" to set the CPU to 1 Ghz
4. Reboot router
5. After router has rebooted, run "nvram get clkfreq", and it's set back to 800Mhz.

This wasn't an issue under 3.80.69. Otherwise the beta firmware seems to run alright. Traffic analyzer statistics seem a little flaky but I think this is related to issues with the stock firmware and not Merlin.

Just a minor issue I've noticed on 3.82.2 beta 2 - when overclocking the router, the nvram clkfreq is reset to default after a reboot. Follow these steps to verify the issue:

1. open up a SSH session to the router and login
2. Run "nvram get clkfreq" the verify cpu frequency of 800 Mhz
3. "set nvram clkfreq=1000,800" to set the CPU to 1 Ghz
4. Reboot router
5. After router has rebooted, run "nvram get clkfreq", and it's set back to 800Mhz.

This wasn't an issue under 3.80.69. Otherwise the beta firmware seems to run alright. Traffic analyzer statistics seem a little flaky but I think this is related to issues with the stock firmware and not Merlin.
Asus are locking down OCing ability, so this is expected. The real question is, other than the nvram variables, is the OC actually applying? Check BogoMIPS in post-reboot
Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!