What's new

RT-AC68U, seems WAN connection is dropping frequently

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

uatuba

New Around Here
Greetings. I am running a mesh system with 3 AC68Us. The router is running Merlin and the nodes are running the stock firmware as suggested. Ever since upgrading to Merlin 384.16 on the router and 3.0.0.4.385_20433-g3f7796b on the nodes, I'm getting very frequent "timeout" issues that last for approximately 30 seconds to a minute. I can access the routers and other devices on the LAN, but I can't access anything that requires WAN access. This is happening VERY frequently and I'm not sure where to start or what to do. I cleared my log thinking it may just be bogged down, but that did nothing. What I have in my log (since it has happened again since I cleared it) is attached.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. It certainly seems like something is wrong here from then log, but I'm not sure that it is related. I do know that it is not my WAN connection; I have fiber that is very reliable and it has been checked thoroughly by the provider as well as myself.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 175
I ran into this, then installed merlins 384 version on the node. Seemed to help for a while, but then I think it returned. Didn’t try the older (384) stock firmware. Seems that there is another thread about this.

I ran into this, then installed merlins 384 version on the node. Seemed to help for a while, but then I think it returned. Didn’t try the older (384) stock firmware. Seems that there is another thread about this.

I didn't see one. I'll search deeper. My setup worked great until I updated...I can't rule out a bad node, but it seems awfully coincidental. I may just buy an eero and be done with it.